What's new

Tuesday 08-21-2007

GMan00001

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2006
Messages
2,539
Reaction score
228
Golden Thread
0
Location
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I overslept this morning so I did my standard afternoon run before noon so I could work later.

Branch #1
2 - $50 bags of pennies

Branch #2
1 - $100 bag of nickels
3 - $50 bags of pennies
1 - $25 bag of pennies

Branch #3
nada.

So far I have only completed the nickels, not much there.

18 pre-1960 Jefferson (1939, 1940, 1941, 1941-D, 1941-S Small S, 1946(2), 1947, 1947-S, 1948, 1955-D, 1957-D(2), 1958-D(3), 1959-D(2))

3 Canadian (1972, 1978, 1986)

2 dimes
1 penny
2 Namco arcade tokens
1 Aladdins Castle arcade token
 
Upvote 0
Finished the $25 bag of pennies last night, just posting now.

9 wheat pennies (1936-D, 1945, 1946-D(2), 1947-D, 1956-D, 1957-D, 1958-D(2))

8 Canadian (1970, 1976, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1988, 1998, 2002)

1 Foreign (Netherlands, 25 Cents (1965))

3 dimes
 
Good fines GMan! Your totals for the year is awesome!
 
Completed one of my $50 bags of pennies. Average quantity, but a pretty good mix of wheats.

16 wheat pennies (1915-D, 1918, 1934, 1937, 1940, 1941, 1944-D, 1944-S, 1946-D, 1950-S, 1951-D, 1951-S, 1953, 1957-D(3))

38 Canadian (1939, 1957, 1958, 1961, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969(2), 1972, 1973, 1974, 1976, 1977(2), 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1987, 1989, 1991(2), 1993(2), 1995, 1996, 1999(3), 2003-P)

The 1939 Canadian penny is a bit knicked up, but it is the first 1939 Canadian penny that I have found and now I am only a 1937 from completing my first set of George VI pennies (both lifetime and in 2007). It also fills a hole on the tracking list.
 
Finished the other $50 bag of pennies from the first stop.

I thought it was going to be a good bag when the first two handfuls produced a 1939-D and a 1917-D, but alas things slowed way down after that.

Ended up with:
13 wheat pennies (1917-D, 1929-S, 1939-D, 1942, 1944, 1946-D, 1955-D, 1956-D(2), 1957-D(3), 1958)

27 Canadian (1953, 1955, 1966, 1968, 1973, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1983(3), 1984, 1985(2), 1988(2), 1989, 1992, 1993, 1998(2), 1999, 2001(2))

The 1917-D and 1929-S were the 99th and 100th different wheat penny I have found in 2007. Only 42 left if I count the 1928-S and 1941-S large and small mintmark varieties.
 
Another $50 penny bag down with more average results:

17 wheat pennies (1920, 1940, 1940-D, 1942-D, 1944-D, 1945, 1945-D, 1946-D, 1947-S, 1950, 1952-D, 1952-S, 1953-D, 1954-D, 1958-D(3))

22 Canadian (1962, 1967, 1973, 1974, 1977, 1978(3), 1979(2), 1981, 1982(3), 1983, 1987, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1997, 2001(2))

2 Quarters
 
Another $50 bag of pennies complete:

16 wheat pennies (1935-S, 1937(2), 1940, 1941-D, 1944-D, 1946, 1948-D, 1952-D, 1955-D, 1956-D(3), 1957-D, 1958, 1958-D)

32 Canadian (1964, 1965, 1968, 1971, 1973, 1974, 1975(3), 1976, 1979(2), 1980(2), 1981, 1982, 1983(3), 1986, 1989(2), 1996, 1997(3), 2000, 2003-P, 2004(2), 2006, 2007-RCM)

1 dime (flattened a bit and damaged such that it is roughly the size of a penny)

1 play money penny

Only 1 more bag to go from this bunch.
 
Just finished the last $50 bag of pennies (minus the error checking which I will complete tomorrow and update the post if I find anything of interest).

Another average bag with a couple of goodies.
17 wheat pennies (1909, 1939(2), 1941-D, 1942, 1944-D, 1945, 1945-S, 1949, 1950-D, 1952-D(2), 1953-S, 1956, 1956-D(2), 1957-D)

30 Canadian (1946, 1963, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1974(3), 1975(2), 1977, 1978, 1979, 1982(2), 1983(3), 1985, 1986(2), 1988, 1989, 1991(2), 1992, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2006)

1 Foreign (Newfoundland, 1 Cent (1944))

1 nickel

1 dime

The 1909 is the 101st different wheat cent for me in 2007.
 
I was just in Newfoundland last week. Tourist shops up there were selling Newfoundland pennies for CAN$3.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom