GMan00001
Silver Member
- Joined
- Dec 19, 2006
- Messages
- 2,539
- Reaction score
- 228
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Twin Cities, MN
- Detector(s) used
- Garrett Ace 250
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Did my typical Tuesday run today.
Bank #1
1 - $50 bag of pennies
Bank #2
Nada (as expected)
Bank #3
The teller forgot to order my $1000 in half dollars....said whe would for next week instead.
Bank #4
1 - $500 bag of quarters
1 - $1000 bag of dimes
1 - $100 bag of nickels
1 - $50 bag of pennies
I only did the quarters since I could afford the extra due to the half dollars not being available, basically hoping I get lucky.
Finished the $100 bag of nickels first as they always seem to be quick and have something in them.
By total quantity of older nickels it wasn't a very good bag, but there was a couple of tougher dates in the few that were there.
1 - 1938-D <--in AU almost BU, almost full steps, slightest wear only, though it has been toned by something.
1 - 1941-S Large S <--tough to find the large S variety.
1 - 1955
14 other pre-1960 Jefferson (1940(2), 1941(2), 1941-D, 1946, 1948, 1948-D, 1949, 1954-D, 1956(2), 1958-D, 1959-D)
1 Proof (1990-S)
5 Canadian (1968, 1985, 1986, 1989, 2000)
1 slightly flattened penny with memorial reverse indented into Lincoln's face on the obverse. I think its post mint damage, but very weird looking coin, slightly bigger than a normal penny.
Bank #1
1 - $50 bag of pennies
Bank #2
Nada (as expected)
Bank #3
The teller forgot to order my $1000 in half dollars....said whe would for next week instead.
Bank #4
1 - $500 bag of quarters
1 - $1000 bag of dimes
1 - $100 bag of nickels
1 - $50 bag of pennies
I only did the quarters since I could afford the extra due to the half dollars not being available, basically hoping I get lucky.
Finished the $100 bag of nickels first as they always seem to be quick and have something in them.
By total quantity of older nickels it wasn't a very good bag, but there was a couple of tougher dates in the few that were there.
1 - 1938-D <--in AU almost BU, almost full steps, slightest wear only, though it has been toned by something.
1 - 1941-S Large S <--tough to find the large S variety.
1 - 1955
14 other pre-1960 Jefferson (1940(2), 1941(2), 1941-D, 1946, 1948, 1948-D, 1949, 1954-D, 1956(2), 1958-D, 1959-D)
1 Proof (1990-S)
5 Canadian (1968, 1985, 1986, 1989, 2000)
1 slightly flattened penny with memorial reverse indented into Lincoln's face on the obverse. I think its post mint damage, but very weird looking coin, slightly bigger than a normal penny.
Upvote
0








