Tumarcacori, lost forgotten imformation,from my documents

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ghostdog,

I assume that the documents you are referring to are the Molina Document and Molina Map. Please read my old post regarding them here:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php?topic=41291.0

They are no secret and have been well known to anybody seriously interested in the Tumcacori Treasure Story. The copper box you are talking about is SUPPOSED to contain the maps to all the Jesuit Mines in the Santa Cruz River Valley. The Molina Document and Map came out in 1931. Many people have said that Mitchell either had the documents made or was fooled by them. There is no way to tell because the original is long lost. I know who is supposed to have it, but can't confirm anything.

Since that thread, I have been to a area many times, and have learned a LOT more about Camp Loco and Tumacacori Mountain. I can tell you that Javelina Canyon has been hunted over and over since the Jesuit Expulsion of 1767.

One of the things I figured out is that ALL those monuments in that canyon are basically Spanish Monuments (Cross, Owl, Hearts, etc). Why would the Jesuits, who were hiding their treasures from the Spanish, use monuments and markers that the Spanish could understand?

If you plan on doing any Treasure Hunting in Javelina Canyon, you might want to contact Scott Garrison or Gary Oliver. Gary has had claim to one area there since about 1986, and Scott Garrison has kept up his claims as well. Most of that canyon is(was) under claim. To know for certain, contact the local BLM Office who administers the land use for the USDA Forest Service (that place is entirely in the Coronado National Forest).

There are no real ruins of the original mission there. Only speculation. The rock house there was built by the Black Cowboy around the turn of the century (the story that gave Camp Loco its' name). If you want to know the story, just let me know. It was used again in the late twenties and early thirties by a woman named Shipton (Shipley in some stories). She had a crew of Mexican laborers there that really tore up the place. She was the one that supposedly removed the black rock. If the place was REALLY a mining camp where many people lived and worked on a daily basis, why are there no campfire remains? Artifacts? Anything to say that a lot of people lived there? The charcoal that Gary has pictures of in his book are a natural occurrence, and are all over the Tumacacori Mountain Area.

Don 't get me wrong. I am a firm believer that the Jesuits knew they had to hide their wealth beginning in 1758, when Portugal suppressed them in all of their lands. Then France (1760). Trust me, they had PLENTY of time to hide their wealth. They just didn't goto all that trouble to conceal it, then point the way with signs the Spanish would understand! I'm just trying to tell you that a LOT of people have gone before you, and if you go, you will see a LOT of holes in the ground (none of them made by Jesuits). Don't just think that you are just going to walk in and grab the loot! HAHAHA

I'll end this with a picture that is not widely known. I call it "The Face of Coronado"

Best-Mike

Attachments

• faceofcoronado1.jpg
    faceofcoronado1.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 417
OP
OP
G

ghostdog

Apr 22, 2007
Hello to all ; I have had copies of the Molina document and map for years,and I am not refering to those documents. I also have other maps that date from 1681 to 1760,made by Father Kino. 1- dated 1760 shows all the Jesuit missions in New Spain{and more}, another is a compileation of various Jesuit maps [1687-1711},showing,vistas/indian villages/watering holes/vistas/ruins/rivers and more. I am looking for certain clues, much as Ruth did in the Superstitions, to put a puzzle together where X may mark the correct location{copper box/more}. I have no plans to dig holes or do any excavations. The photo you show Gollum is 1 I have seen before and I thought it was the face of Christ.
In my opinon Father Kino was a bit of a rebel with a willing crew,who definitely searched out and looked for precious medals. I believe it is possible he had imfo on the Aztecs ,and where they may have stashed the remains of their treasures that eluded Cortez. He definetly was a history buff,well liked and a great politician. No, I will not post my maps,enoughfor now.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have heard Face of Christ as well, but it doesn't really look anything like any of the Spanish representations of Christ, TO ME ANYWAY. Looks much more like Coronado.

Best - Mike

Attachments

• Francisco Vasquez de Coronado.jpg
    Francisco Vasquez de Coronado.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 353

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread