Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't been out in a while so after the rain moved off last night I left the house before daylight. I could only hunt for four hours because of a family thing but I had a great morning. This site is usually rich in three ringers, but I didn't find a single one today. I did find a pistol ball and some camp lead, which is usual. I did seem to be tuned in to the buttons today though, and found five Eagle I buttons. Funny how that works. Don't know how much longer these buttons will last in the ground and probably half the ones we find are in rough shape. All but one of today's are in good shape. The center fell out of one while I was cleaning it but it's still a save. Hope everyone was safe this weekend and thanks for looking. IMG_20161009_120555320.jpgIMG_20161009_123105701.jpgIMG_20161009_123125648.jpg

HH RN

Upvote 19
Those are awesome button finds! Congrats and HH

Darn nice hunt Joe..That is the stuff good mornings are made of ..I know It is like a kick in the pants to have a button fall apart like that. Not so bad when you find multiples to fall back on though. damn good day RN.

Congratulations on getting out,
When 80 % of your finds are salvageable,
you've had a good day.
Congratulations

Last edited:
Five CW eagle buttons in a 4 hour hunt is a kick ass hunt. Congratulations (and I think that you better go back there before winter).

Sounds like we should designate today as "Button Day" for all! Great finds!:icon_thumright:

Great bunch of buttons.
You certainly had a great day!

Nice finds and glad to hear you got out. I'll have to agree with John on five CW Eagle buttons in four hours. I'd definately be doing my happy dance. GL & HH

Looks like you had a productive 4 hours rn. Glad you had a chance to get out and dig some CW goodies.

Great button variety. What do you do to clean your buttons? Thanks for sharing man.

Great button variety. What do you do to clean your buttons? Thanks for sharing man.
Thanks Scrappy. I washed these with ammonia, rinse with water, dry and then seal with paraffin wax. Don't always do this. Depends on the button. Some I just dry brush and leave alone. I'm always open to suggestions.

HH RN

Nice buttons, good saves!

Looks like a great hunt Relic Nut. Civil War buttons are always a welcome find.

Very nice hand full of button RN. Congrats!

Fantastic buttons! Congrats. -Lisa & John

Relic Nut, Congrat's on the buttons. Love to find those buttons. You did good. Continued success to you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back