What's new

Tunnel Discovered in Alton Ill

Citiboy289

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2012
Messages
656
Reaction score
514
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanted to post this, Hope its in the correct forum Unknown Tunnel Discovered under Home might date to 1840 , Great Craftmenship Wonder how far back it goes
 
I saw that, way cool. It is so well made, I can’t see it being just a root cellar, underground storage or even the Underground Railroad . I bet it is somehow commerce (legal or illegal) related and went to the river.
 
Last edited:
Id be taking my metal detector in there thanks for the video
 
Um...

That would soon BE my new AND.... REAL... "Man cave".
 
I would be going crazy trying out to figure where it lead too. I will try to find more on it. Just seems to me too many man hours and work went into it to be a stable or root cellar - ice house.
 
Winchester/Olin Corp. had and I believe still has ammunition manufacturing facilities in East Alton,IL.Probably a long shot but could this tunnel have anything to do with that?
 
Yet another Al Capone vault.....
 
Part of a prohibition era speakeasy?
 
Something that big and brick couldn’t have been built secretly. It was a major construction.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom