Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Had a hen yesterday at the feeder.
Sacrifice or a scout but she checked it out.
DSCN2572.JPG

Sure thing this morning we had a group of 13.

Now this guy put his best show, considering the snow and wet.
DSCN2584.JPG

The response by the 2 beauties nearby.
DSCN2596.JPG

I guess he was too young and still wet behind the beard.🤣
DSCN2598.JPG

Within the last several years I'm seeing more wild turkey down here along the very busy metro areas I live. I even saw one at an elementary school yard near by in residential neighborhood. Often times I see them by a big shopping mall off the side of the very busy Interstate Hwy 25 that runs up and down the front range corridor. Guess they wanna move in also. Why not, everyone and their brothers I coming here.

Within the last several years I'm seeing more wild turkey down here along the very busy metro areas I live. I even saw one at an elementary school yard near by in residential neighborhood. Often times I see them by a big shopping mall off the side of the very busy Interstate Hwy 25 that runs up and down the front range corridor. Guess they wanna move in also. Why not, everyone and their brothers I coming here.
I'm hoping they breed and really have a big hatch. They're great at keeping the bugs in order in the bush.

Had a hen yesterday at the feeder.
Sacrifice or a scout but she checked it out.View attachment 2141453

Sure thing this morning we had a group of 13.

Now this guy put his best show, considering the snow and wet.View attachment 2141454

The response by the 2 beauties nearby. View attachment 2141455

I guess he was too young and still wet behind the beard.🤣View attachment 2141456
Roast turkey, turkey drumsticks, turkey hot wings, turkey stew, turkey sandwiches, turkey rolls, .........😛

I'm hoping they breed and really have a big hatch. They're great at keeping the bugs in order in the bush.

In the event of a food shortage, they're also pretty tasty on the table.
eating-02.gif

On my way to the gold mine Tuesday, I had a turkey hen flying beside my truck at an even 55mph, only about 20' away it was a sight to see.
turkey population numbers seem health in my area.

Last edited:
When we moved into our new house here in 1998 there were deer, turkeys quail and rabbits aplenty to enjoy. Then a new subdivision went in behind our property and now all we have is stray dogs and cats!:mad::mad:
There's the urban corridors in which animals travel around between green ares.
Then there's the lets leave this area because human just are stinky creatures best to avoid.

I'm fortunate now that I probably will never see another house in my view.
Having a National Park on one side and a private land trust on the other it's pretty natural.

Very nice pictures
Love watching them

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back