Thanks Quinoa I'll try that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bob632

Banned
Nov 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminds me of a story I read once:

http://books.google.com/books?id=kd...HpmQdAsF4jD3raaA3PuA&ci=117,6,838,1030&edge=0

Missouri the center state: 1821-1915 - Walter Barlow Stevens - Google Books

of course you will probably want that guy who's name starts with an r and ends with an r to give you the "real" clue, probably need to measure around the circumference of the tracks then divide by two, add 4 because that was columbus's favorite number plus his three ships makes 7 which was the royal number of the king's favorite horse.

other than that I'm amazed someone might have actually posted a real treasure mark here.

don't spend it all in one place.

OP
OP
trackerja@hotmail.com

[email protected]

Feb 8, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks but google said it can't find that book

OP
OP
trackerja@hotmail.com

[email protected]

Feb 8, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your right Quinoa when you r facing the turnkey tracks you r looking North

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Hi trackerja. This is a map rock. these maps are always very tricky. This is what I would try. Follow the turkey tracks for three measures. you should find a trail/creek/revene or ridge top at the end of three measures leading at about 315 compass bearing. follow the trail until it runs out and keep going for two more measures. You should find a cave/tunnel where you can find the final instructions.
There are some symbols on it that I can't make out

image-4231612546.jpg

I inverted the pic. but i still can not make out three of those symbols.

Pinwheel

OP
OP
trackerja@hotmail.com

[email protected]

Feb 8, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wich other three ? Could you comment on that one please.

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
A photo of the entire rock might help, It resembles drill hole maps that I have seen, Lower left corner small drill hole, deep to shallow ( dime size shallow indention ) direction, Lines = 5 ? I would go at least 1/2 mile and look for other trail markers. Start reading the map at the upside down V, there appears to be small symbols between the turkey tracks, there looks to be 5 symbols small drill hole and upside down V 3 turkey track = 5, the start marker may be a V shaped rock sticking out of the ground, It looks as if the rock has been turned over or we may be looking at the bottom side. All of this just a guess on my part

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thanks dsty. Your a pretty good guesser when you want to be. IMHO. Do you have any ideal what those symbols between the turkey tracks might be? I think the one between the middle track and the top track may be an embellished "V" but it makes me think of a rooster also. I just cannot put my finger on it.

This is gonna be important I think. Each track is different. The bottom track is smaller. The middle track has an offset toe on the right side. On the left toe is broken or club toed. I am not sure if that is carved that way or it is natural weathering.

The top track seems to be smaller than the middle track but larger than the bottom track. The symbol just under and slightly off center to the right of the track may be the secret.

The symbol near the top of the bottom track and off center to the right may be a nesting turtle. if it is it is looking into the "V" part of the turkey track.
Without seeing the rest of the map area it is just a guessing game.

Pinwheel

Last edited:
OP
OP
trackerja@hotmail.com

[email protected]

Feb 8, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks every body and keep those ideas flowing

mannings

Feb 4, 2006
Fwiw.. I have, more than once, found the upside down 'v' to mean a reversal or mirror image.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread