What's new

Turn the disc., and went out and found me a Civil War bullet?

jraven

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2007
Messages
437
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705
Went out for a quick hunt over to the soccer field. Taking the advice from some friendly forum posters. I turned the discriminator toward Foil, Pull Tab and Screw cap. At first I dug a few pieces of scrap then dug two pennies. My next signal was kind a funny I played with it a bit adjusting the discriminator while I pin pointed it. I thought it was another penny. So I began to dig. I dug about 5 inches and saw nothing. I decided to widen the hole a bit, and when I did I saw this baby pop out from the side. I couldn't believe what I saw.

Thrilled to death I packed up and headed home. I would imagine its a Civil War bullet considering I live in a hot bed Civil war historic area. My first Bullet either way.
 

Attachments

  • 100_0936.webp
    100_0936.webp
    37.5 KB · Views: 672
  • 100_0941.webp
    100_0941.webp
    28.5 KB · Views: 668
  • 100_0942.webp
    100_0942.webp
    26.2 KB · Views: 656
Upvote 0
Nice Minnie, congrats!
 
Elvis said:
Nice Minnie, congrats!

Thank you, thank you very much!
 
wow YOU LUCKY DOG, now git back there and find some more.... wtg big time :thumbsup:
 
Bootybay said:
wow YOU LUCKY DOG, now git back there and find some more.... wtg big time :thumbsup:

thx Booty!!!
 
plehbah said:
Your bullet looks like the standard .58 caliber minie ball. That is the iconic bullet of the American Civil War.

Congratulations on your first. I still remember mine.

Thanks plehbah, I love it, and this hobby.......
 
Congrats on that nice find JR :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Thx Merf :headbang:
 
That's a fake...























Just kidding. It's the real deal. Congrats on your first minie. :thumbsup:
 
bearbqd said:
That's a fake...
Just kidding. It's the real deal. Congrats on your first minie. :thumbsup:

Thank you Bear, You had me going there for a second. :icon_pale:
 
Thats a great feelin aint it? Its WAY COOL MAN!!! Congrats and theres more to come now that you know where your machine hits them.Cant wait to see the rest,good luck with that spot.HH
 
They still put smile's on my face,another piece of American history saved.Congratulation's :thumbsup: I hope there's many more!
 
Thank you all, Oh what a feeling is right Jimmy , I would imagine feels close to finding gold.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom