What's new

Turning up relic site to hunt

BamaBill

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2006
Messages
686
Reaction score
16
Golden Thread
0
Location
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have site, not too far from me, where I've managed to figure out where the old road ran, it crosses a major creek and is 2.5 miles from the nearest town. Would the soldiers have camped on the highest spot and how far away from water could that have been? I'm just trying to figure out where to start.

Bill
 
Every camp I have ever dug--and at this point that is in the dozens of camps--has been on Lower ground. The only things I have ever found on hills were artillery placements and picket posts.

I'd start at the water and work away from it in every direction until you find it.


Best Wishes,


Buckles
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom