What's new

Turquoise and Silver Ring in Hidden City Park

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2007
Messages
1,460
Reaction score
16
Golden Thread
0
Location
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,

I had dermetologists appointment today at 2:00 pm. Misty cool day today.
So, after novacaine in corner of my eye muscle, I was not feeling like doing anything. Much of the outside of muscle is still numb now at 4:21pm.

As I headed home, I saw a park on my GPS. I never noticed it before and thought it was part of an Italian Festival park. Nope. It was a hidden city park in behind an apartment complex--no easy access. Should be a good park, I thought.

It was old not well maintained, and tot lot stuff was minimally bark chipped. Just junk -foil, can slaw, etc., everywhere and not a coin within detecting range.

I spent 1/2 an hour then headed home up an incline that might be a sleding hill--where would people stand? I started hunting and got a hit at 8" --maybe good--a penny. Nice wheat penny.

I moved my detector a little bit more after the wheatie and got a quarter hit at 4" in grassy area but was odd sound and chirped at me. I thought my detector was bad so I checked all connections and rehit target--quarter--a little bit.

Oh well, this will be my last dig. Wow! When I turned it over the silver of the ring shown through the dirt.

It is silver but unmarked. Is that old, then? Two leaves on side are gone but Turquoise stone is in good shape as it the rest of the ring. There was a "W or M" engraved on inside--have a look.

PS: I got so excited, I don't know what year the wheatie coin is, and I also found a dime and a nickel (new on top of ground).

SKD
WeDigOhio -Even in the mist!

DCP_1122.jpg
DCP_1123.jpg


Cleaned up image of Turquoise ring.

DCP_1129.jpg
DCP_1125.jpg


This is the side with the leafs missing.
DCP_1126.jpg
 
Upvote 0
That looks like a modern design to me.

Silver is good no matter how old... :icon_study:

Keep @ it and HH!!
 
Your gps pointed the park out how cool i need one of those.
awsome ring too.
 
You go out to New Mexico around Indian territory and you'll find many similar but often large unique silver/Turquoise rings.
 
Red_desert said:
You go out to New Mexico around Indian territory and you'll find many similar but often large unique silver/Turquoise rings.

My exact thought...I have a similar ring which I found in the 60's...most likely is Pueblo silver work.
 
Asesome find!
Silver and turquoise are hot items here in Colorado.
Cangrads on a great find...... :thumbsup:
Chris & LeeAnn
 
Nice ring skd. I like gps it helps you find a lot of places to hunt.
 
Nice ring dude.. you need to go back to that park and hunt again. I think you will find a lot more there yet.


Frodov
 
Nice ring, I wonder if the missing leaves could still be found where you found the ring? :thumbsup:
 
Nice ring find
 
seger98 said:
Nice ring, I wonder if the missing leaves could still be found where you found the ring? :thumbsup:

I checked for leaves today. No luck and it is smooth on ring so probably gone for a while.

SKD
 
Nice find!!!!
 
very nice --dig the chirp sounds they are silver --very often with the M6
 
SKD,
Nice ring. I would like to find something like that.
Joe
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom