What's new

Turquoise and Silver Ring in Hidden City Park

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2007
Messages
1,460
Reaction score
16
Golden Thread
0
Location
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,

I had dermetologists appointment today at 2:00 pm. Misty cool day today.
So, after novacaine in corner of my eye muscle, I was not feeling like doing anything. Much of the outside of muscle is still numb now at 4:21pm.

As I headed home, I saw a park on my GPS. I never noticed it before and thought it was part of an Italian Festival park. Nope. It was a hidden city park in behind an apartment complex--no easy access. Should be a good park, I thought.

It was old not well maintained, and tot lot stuff was minimally bark chipped. Just junk -foil, can slaw, etc., everywhere and not a coin within detecting range.

I spent 1/2 an hour then headed home up an incline that might be a sleding hill--where would people stand? I started hunting and got a hit at 8" --maybe good--a penny. Nice wheat penny.

I moved my detector a little bit more after the wheatie and got a quarter hit at 4" in grassy area but was odd sound and chirped at me. I thought my detector was bad so I checked all connections and rehit target--quarter--a little bit.

Oh well, this will be my last dig. Wow! When I turned it over the silver of the ring shown through the dirt.

It is silver but unmarked. Is that old, then? Two leaves on side are gone but Turquoise stone is in good shape as it the rest of the ring. There was a "W or M" engraved on inside--have a look.

PS: I got so excited, I don't know what year the wheatie coin is, and I also found a dime and a nickel (new on top of ground).

SKD
WeDigOhio -Even in the mist!

DCP_1122.jpg
DCP_1123.jpg


Cleaned up image of Turquoise ring.

DCP_1129.jpg
DCP_1125.jpg


This is the side with the leafs missing.
DCP_1126.jpg
 
Upvote 0
in my opinion, if the Turquoise is real, ........then superb find!!!!!!
a great many of these tourist trap rings are not real Turquoise......and silver it's not to shabby either. :laughing7: :laughing7:
 
9 time's out of 10 you can most likely associate silver with turquoise.....Congrat's SKD.Nice looking ring.
 
Wow ! Very cool ring.It looks old ...probably of south american orgin .HH..Panz
 
jorge del norte said:
in my opinion, if the Turquoise is real, ........then superb find!!!!!!
a great many of these tourist trap rings are not real Turquoise......and silver it's not to shabby either. :laughing7: :laughing7:

Jorge any idea how to tell if it is turquoise. I can see a few indents in the stone.

SKD
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom