What's new

Turtle in texas

ChrisWhewell

Greenie
Joined
Mar 11, 2009
Messages
13
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Fisher T-20; White's Coinmaster 1TRDX
found what is obviously a large turtle rock formation, the head and rear of the body intact, but it looks like the middle is intentionally destroyed. Is it maybe procedure that after a treasure was recovered, the turtle would be destroyed ?
 
I'm no expert but from what I've read normally when a treasure is discovered they remove the head. I would take note of the direction it looks and see if any other clues are within site of this. Good luck.
 
Chris,

Shooter is correct. When a mine was worked out, or whatever was hidden was recovered, the turtle's head would be broken off.

If the shell is destroyed, then I would hazard a guess that some previous treasure hunter found the turtle and couldn't find the treasure, so they destroyed the markings so nobody else could find it either.

Mike
 
I agree with Mike there is some really jerks out there and think if they're not smart enough to find it they try to stop anyone ealse form out doing them. where in Texas do you live I'm east of Austin
Keep Digging Dirt littlebear
 
I've read in a symbols &signs book that if there are feet on the turtle the head points the way, if no feet then it's very nearby.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom