TV SHOWS METAL DETECTING AND GOLD PROSPECTING.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Massey is one of the oldest and well liked! There are a couple of guys in S.C. that taped "realest" detecting shows. It was called Treasure hunter and aired on SCETV from 90s about 10 years. Still comes on here in Charleston. No drama just detectin
I agree Massie is the well liked...............Now back in the late 80's or early 90's there was TV SHOW called ..Treasure Search.. With .. Bob Trevillian & Frank Carter...and there was some videos put out on there detecting show.............. I was lucky and got my self some of there videos.................... And there detecting shows WERE 10 times no 100 times BETTER THAN ANY OF THE 3 DETECTING SHOWS THEY HAVE ON TV NOW............. They were very well put together shows ............. Like you said no drama no stupid stunts no bets no boom baby............... And i have watched these tapes over and over the past 20 some years and never tire of them ........ ... These ones on TV now you see them once you never want to see them over.....That is if you want to see them the first time....... ....... MY POINT IS THEY MADE BETTER DETECTING SHOWS BACK THEN >>>>THAN THEY DO NOW>>>THE PRODUCERS & NETWORKS MUST BE ON DRUGS OR THINK WE ARE ALL MORON'S..............

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I have met Perry on a Lost Dutchman claim in Georgia. I was there for for 2 weeks. You spent some time at the common operation and could detect on your own the rest of the time. The common operation is split among the workers, GPAA keeps nothing. The pickings were unusually slim so Perry had some gold flown in from another site and added it to the pot. I just happen to overhear this, nothing was mentioned to the members. That is just the kind of guys the Massies are. Unlike some other clubs I have been in, this one is for the members. Frank

hand print-2_edited-6.jpg

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I have met Perry on a Lost Dutchman claim in Georgia. I was there for for 2 weeks. You spent some time at the common operation and could detect on your own the rest of the time. The common operation is split among the workers, GPAA keeps nothing. The pickings were unusually slim so Perry had some gold flown in from another site and added it to the pot. I just happen to overhear this, nothing was mentioned to the members. That is just the kind of guys the Massies are. Unlike some other clubs I have been in, this one is for the members. Frank
...frankn..... I don't think these guys on the detecting shows now...... Could compare to Massie...... He is just a good person and will go the extra mile to help out...... And no act with him ...

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Has any one ever seen the Treasure search show or videos ..????? Besides me...

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't. Wish I could find some, they sound interesting.

Video Mike

May 24, 2022
I agree Massie is the well liked...............Now back in the late 80's or early 90's there was TV SHOW called ..Treasure Search.. With .. Bob Trevillian & Frank Carter...and there was some videos put out on there detecting show.............. I was lucky and got my self some of there videos.................... And there detecting shows WERE 10 times no 100 times BETTER THAN ANY OF THE 3 DETECTING SHOWS THEY HAVE ON TV NOW............. They were very well put together shows ............. Like you said no drama no stupid stunts no bets no boom baby............... And i have watched these tapes over and over the past 20 some years and never tire of them ........ ... These ones on TV now you see them once you never want to see them over.....That is if you want to see them the first time....... ....... MY POINT IS THEY MADE BETTER DETECTING SHOWS BACK THEN >>>>THAN THEY DO NOW>>>THE PRODUCERS & NETWORKS MUST BE ON DRUGS OR THINK WE ARE ALL MORON'S..............
Keppy, I hope you are still out there. When Bob Trevillian started his second round of shows with Bob Denver as host, my production company in those days, Video Vision from Hagerstown MD shot & edited those shows. After Trevillian died, I returned all of the tapes to his widow and I never kept any copies...at least not any I can find. I'd love to have a copy. We had a blast making those shows and I have some real good behind the scenes stories. We had all kind of plans...and when Bob died, they just evaporated. He was the glue and the knowledge. Bob wrote and produced everything. I loved him like a brother. My current website is www.theWickleinGroup.com and there is contact info there. Here's a photo from the day we shot the opening title segment in my studio. Doug Bast in the middle was our historical advisor.

Attachments

• Bob & Doug.jpg
    Bob & Doug.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 9

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread