Two 1775 Counterfeit Georges

cannonball

Feb 20, 2010
East Coast NJ
Detector(s) used
DEUS 11 Fisher F75ltd,TDI Minelab Excailber
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had a little play time today so I went to one of my worked out play grounds. I wanted to try a new theory with my Deus 11, The settings were tweaked and I worked slow in circles in the heavy iron. It worked. All targets found today were over a foot deep in the heavy iron on a cleaned out site. It took a little more patience but it's worth it!! Feel free to jump in if you can ID the coins!
counterfit.jpg
counterfit2.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 23

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a little play time today so I went to one of my worked out play grounds. I wanted to try a new theory with my Deus 11, The settings were tweaked and I worked slow in circles in the heavy iron. It worked. All targets found today were over a foot deep in the heavy iron on a cleaned out site. It took a little more patience but it's worth it!! Feel free to jump in if you can ID the coins!
View attachment 2076434 View attachment 2076435
Very Cool!!! Nice!!!

Almy

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2011
Maritime Provinces
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Other
I like the 2 h'pennies. They are in better shape than most I have found. Some of mine have been completely smooth, quite a few have just enough to see it is a George and which way he is facing with a smooth back, and some have some of Brittania or Hibernia visible. Few have details on both sides like yours.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nicely done on the 2 coppers and the buttons.
The depth is impressive also.
Care to share which program and tweaking?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread