What's new

Two BIG Ones From The Beach

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2007
Messages
1,535
Reaction score
949
Golden Thread
0
Location
Long Beach, California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Erosion Beach is my Go To beach whenever I get tired of Seal Beach and Long Beach. I'm still not ready to tackle the turf in earnest with my XP Deus (But soon!).

Yesterday I had another ball at Erosion Beach...with the PI. First signal in the wet sand at the surf line was a BIG coin.. I'm thinking Silver half but it was even stranger.. a 1916 British Penny.

A bit later and a few hundred yards away I picked up a half.. a 1973 Kennedy. Nice and hefty in the scoop.

Amid the many green and cruddy clad coins I pulled out 2 wheats...1948S and 1957D. No Silver this trip but still a Fun time.

Gotta Love this hobby and having a Go To place!

HH Joe
 

Attachments

  • Big uns obv sm.webp
    Big uns obv sm.webp
    123.3 KB · Views: 691
  • Big uns rev sm.webp
    Big uns rev sm.webp
    112.8 KB · Views: 687
Upvote 0
Very nice coin finds, Dr. Joe :headbang:

Lorraine
 
Nice finds, bet that Kennedy made a nice loud sound in scoop
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom