Two curry combs, a few bottles and other finds...

aquachigger

Jul 29, 2008
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recent digs... It's been a scorcher around here. I had to head to the water to keep cool, watching my health of course. Here are a few things I stumbled upon. The bottles were just lying on the bottom in a foot or two of water. They were probably tossed out nearly a hundred years ago. Amazing they never got washed away in a flood. As usual, I found several locks and axes. A few fired Civil War bullets were also scattered about. The two curry combs in the foreground may be Civil War issue. I'm looking for one of my Civil War mags that just had a great article on curry combs with lots of pictures. Of course I can't find it. Does anyone know which mag it was in?

P7300004.JPG

Does anyone know what this may be? I think it is a coin and is about the size of a half penny but thin. I can't figure it out. Think I should post it over in the "What is it?" forum?

P7300001.JPG

P7300002.JPG

As always, thanks for checking out my post!

Had a request to post the curry combs to see if they may be war issue. Here they are...

P7300002.JPG

Thanks...

Upvote 0
As always,,Great job !!!! really like the Auqa blob top beer :icon_thumright:

Sweet finds! :icon_thumright: I remember the article on curry combs you're talking about. I don't have it with me right now, but it was North South Trader. A Google search suggests it was Volume 35, No. 3. Hope that helps.
-Jason

sweet bottles!!!! MR TUFF

Woodland Detectors said:
Great looking finds. I'm thinking the copper coin may be a button. Any sign of a broken/smashed shank?

I actually started a thread over in "What is it?" but haven't gotten an id yet. I don't think it is a button because of a complete lack of evidence of shank or solder :dontknow:, plus the reverse has been struck with similar design though it is mostly worn off. The place I found it has yielded a wide variety of foreign colonial era coins. I almost believe I have a similar one in my collection from many years ago, but of course, can't find it right now. As you can imagine, my relic room is in quite the state of disarray right now with all of the incoming, yet to be cataloged, finds. It is a great problem to have, I'm NOT complaining. ::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back