What's new

Two days of digging - today was a rediculous con day

smokeythecat

Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2012
Messages
20,926
Reaction score
41,158
Golden Thread
10
Location
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
10
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday was antique store and American Indian day. I'll get pics and post some asap. Got some very nice artifacts over the last few weeks.

But today went back to the 1750's house site and pulled out a zillion 30.06 casings, I'm going to see if more are WWII. Also, got two very old English halfpennies, don't have dates yet and the owners apparently got a little sloppy recently.

Found three brand new pennies and a nickel on the top of the grass, and an entire roll of Lincoln cents in a coin wrapper one inch underground. That's a new one.
 
Upvote 20
Wow, I never dug a roll of coins yet. That's one for the books.
 
Looking forward to the pics!

I've found pennies about an inch underground that were stacked right next to each other that probably had been in paper rolls that disintegrated, about $2 worth at a school.
The fun starts when the mower gets to them first and flings them everywhere!
 
How Bizarre! A whole roll of pennies? Too bad they weren't quarters!
 
I dug a roll of pennies once...mostly 60s and 70s but once I dug about half the roll and hit a few zincolns, I left the rest for someone else to find.
 
I would like to find a roll of pennies. Its better than digging 50 of them one at a time !
 
A roll of pennies in a wrapper. That's got to be a recent drop. Now does that count as one target or 50 targets? lol
Congrats on the 1/2 pennies.
 
Was a very recent drop near the picnic table. One end was barely underground. They just cut the winter wheat stuff, field is clear but not turned over yet. Went into the field and got ALUMINUM plus two George II halfpennies and two minie balls. Where are the seated's, Indians and Wheaties? Weird place. Earliest relic is an archaic knife, most recent 2016 nickel. On top of the ground.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom