TWO DAYS OF DIGS AND TOO MANY WHEATS!!!!!

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally able to get out for some swing time with the son on day one and with a buddy on day two. First day after getting off work at 0400, I run home and pick our my son and our gear. We headed out to the local desert away from people!!!! Started out with some target practice and shooting which of course turned into turning on the machines since we were near a site that has produced some great finds over the years. About an hour into swinging, my son found a great Cavalry Button (No benchmark though) that cleaned up nicely.....

We then had to hit Safeway before home and checked out the Coinstar. Lying on the ground was a 64-D Rosie!!! We'll take it!!!!

Day two was 11 hours of digging. We hit an area which was done time and time again with our E-Trac's. I was able to grab a total of 31 Wheats, 4 Mercs, a nice Buffalo and some older odds and ends from the old army base. The caterpillar watch FOB was a cool find. With the wheats, it brings my total for the old base over 450! My buddy also found 9 wheats and a great looking Merc. All in all I am sore as heck and didn't want to work tonight's O/T shift but oh well!!!! Hopefully when school is out we will be able to really hit it hard......Everyone be safe!

Attachments

• 25a.jpg
    25a.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 112
  • 25b.jpg
    25b.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 115
  • 25c.jpg
    25c.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 126
  • 25d.jpg
    25d.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 118
Upvote 20

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt. However, I don't believe their is such a thing as "Too Many Wheats". Just Saying.

HH
Mariposa Gold.

rich f

May 29, 2013
mass
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
dfx 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats a good day

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice set of finds BM. Glad to see you getting out and finding the good stuff.

I like that eagle button!

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on some nice finds including silver!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the coin star rosie and all the keepers from the site during day 2. Looks like the site still has plenty of diggable targets. Nice to see you post again. I hate when life get's in the way of out passion.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I heard wheats and knew there must be silver nearby. Nice work pulling the signals

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've suffered from "wheat overload" on a couple of hunts (32 in one day); but I get over it by sunrise the next day! Thanks for sharing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread