What's new

Two Firsts in One Day...

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2010
Messages
1,148
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While dumping my halves yesterday I stopped at a few branches in between to ask for halves. I didn't find any silver halves but as I was about to leave one branch a nice young teller told me that all she was these two big old dollars and she really wanted to get rid of them. I heard the clank when she grabbed them out of her drawer - a clad Ike and a 1972 40% silver Ike to go with it!!! ;D My first ever in the wild - glad she reminded me that she had them as I forgot to ask for large dollars at this branch. Let this be a lesson for all of you - always ask for halves and big dollars or funny coins/money!!! Later in the day I was Christmas shopping and when getting my change I spotted a yellowy nickel in the tellers drawer and saw the P mintmark above Monticello and asked her for it - sure enough it was a 1943P silver war nickel - another first for me!!! :icon_thumleft:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 
Upvote 0
NICE SCORE!!!!!! I GOT 191 IKES NO SILVER YET..

HH CADILLACPITS
 
Nice hit on the silver Ike. I have found several clads, but never a 40%er! Perhaps a Peace Dollar is next? :icon_sunny:

HSH,
apush :read2:
 
nice score! ive searched 300-400 ikes, no silver :/
great score!!! keep it up and hh!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom