Two German silver medals of some kind

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these two medals in my friends coin collection and couldnt find anything on them, does anyone know anything about these or the value of them? any help would be appreciated, thanks

Attachments

• photo-1.JPG
    photo-1.JPG
    290.1 KB · Views: 1,034
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    244.1 KB · Views: 1,019

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
1st medal dated 1904 --is a (silver medal) for the dusseldorf , germany 1904 "international great art exhiibit"

other medal is " for honorible service" - can not make out the wording on the rear * but might be for working at that city for so many years . like 15 or 20 or 25 years .

Upvote 0

yaxthri

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Ivan close but not quite...

(Resized, joined and turned the pics)

photo-2.jpg

1st medal FRONT: above the watering can "Fuer Hervorragende Leistungen" "For outstanding achievements", BACK above the cupids "GARTEN-BAUVEREIN-MAINZ" that means "Garden-landscaping association (of the city of) Mainz"

2nd medal: "Internationl Arts Exhebition and Great Garden landscaping Exhebition- Duesseldorf 1904".

On the other side under the coat of arms of the city of Duesseldorf you have the allegoric figures for Art (with a palette and brushes in hands) and I think Flora with a blooming branch and a flower wreath...

Someone liked his garden very much and won some awards for his/her hobby in the past...
Nice pieces. Silver?

Upvote 0

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
ah 1904 art and "landscaping" exhibit - with the other being a gardening metal -- it makes sense now --

Upvote 0
OP
OP
whitesid

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you all, and the one on the left is silver and is marked "silber .990" while the other one im pretty sure is silver to however i have not found a mark

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread