Two Hunts, Lots Of Keepers

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Hello to all!

I got out twice this weekend.
A three hour hunt on Friday at an old private beach by my old house.
I detected it last spring but hit it again and did ok.
My only keeper there was a nice earring, 925 with a big oval CZ stone, plus $4.29 in clad 81 coins.
Also got a couple junk jewelry pieces and two hot wheels cars.
Here's my finds from that hunt
March 30.jpg
March 30 F.jpg

I also got out this morning for another hunt, 3/1/2 hours at the nearby high schools old athetic/football field. They build a new mordern stadium ten or so years ago and this fild is now used for practice and for the soccer teams. There was also a woodchip play area in the community center next door that I hit also and a volleyball court. It was a great day out there with a lot of nice old finds as well as $ $6.94 and 102 coins. I did real well at the end of the field behind the end zone where the flagpole is. I covered that whole area and was pulling keepers regularly including a 1957D Washington quarter, a 1942D Mercury dime, and 10 wheaties. Also found some nice jewelry which made me smile. First, a 14kt nice simple little gold ring. Sterling items were a ring with two hands holding a heart, a sweet looking old cross, and a hair barrett - pretty rare to find a sterling one. All were stamped 925 or sterling.

March 31 T.jpg
March 31 F.jpg

All in all, a great day out there. It's supposed to rain tomorrow and I am out of town next weekend so this will have to hold me over for a while. I'll take it!
Thanks for reading and best of luck to you all.

SMiles!
BDoo

Keepers.jpg
Keepers 2.jpg

Upvote 0

mountainplayer

Oct 10, 2006
Way Northern California
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 & Minelab EX2
BDoo,

Cool finds, as always. You are the wood chip master! I've followed your lead and recently, with the weather improving, am finding some half-decent stuff. The best part is that I only have to wait a couple more weeks for them to fill em' back up and I get to do it again!

MP

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey! I found one of those bronze "P" thingies with the lightning bolt about four years ago. Mine still has the loop at the top. My last name begins with "P", so I've had it on my keychain since.

Good hunting.

dr-quest

Feb 25, 2007
Nova Scotia Canada
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold, Whites XLT,Tesoro Stingray ll,Whites Surfmaster ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow I cant believe it.I found that exact P with a lightning bolt a few years ago,It must be for something?.Love the cross,great detail.
HH ;D

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH WoW Scooby! You had a GREAT weekend hunting!!!!

Congrats on all those finds!!

Nana :)

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
mountainplayer said:
BDoo,

Cool finds, as always. You are the wood chip master! I've followed your lead and recently, with the weather improving, am finding some half-decent stuff. The best part is that I only have to wait a couple more weeks for them to fill em' back up and I get to do it again!

MP

Hi MP! I am glad you are cashing in on some easy pickins. Thanks for the most friendly comment. Actually, most of the stuff was found in an old athetic field. My old trustie TR works well in the grassy areas too ;)

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Charlie P. (NY) said:
Hey! I found one of those bronze "P" thingies with the lightning bolt about four years ago. Mine still has the loop at the top. My last name begins with "P", so I've had it on my keychain since.

Good hunting.

Hey Charlie! Thank you for stopping in and the nice comment. I have found several of the "P" zipper pulls. They are from Pro-line jackets I believe. HH!!

Smiles!
BDoo

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bdoo,
It looks like you robbed a pirate! ;D Great post & fantastic finds you got there.
Way to go.
-MM-

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Nick Papageorgio said:
Nice Finds BDoo,

I love those Merc's...I cannot wait to find one...

Good Stuff,

Nick

I hope you get yours soon Nick, good luck. My first silver coin, 34 years ago was a Merc. Thanks for the read and commnet. I love your screename btw!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
dr-quest said:
Wow I cant believe it.I found that exact P with a lightning bolt a few years ago,It must be for something?.Love the cross,great detail.
HH ;D

Hiya Dr!! Thanks for the friendly comment!
As I said above, the P is a zipper pull from Pro-Line jackets and I have found about 6 of them in the past year. Best of luck to you!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Nana40 said:
OH WoW Scooby! You had a GREAT weekend hunting!!!!

Congrats on all those finds!!

Nana :)

Dear Nana! Hello there my friend, great to see you!
It was a fun weekend. I am so glad the ground finally thawed!
Best of luck to you!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
ModernMiner said:
Bdoo,
It looks like you robbed a pirate! ;D Great post & fantastic finds you got there.
Way to go.
-MM-

lol.. MM!! Thanks for the smiles my friend. Best of luck, HH!

BDoo

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pro-Line jackets, eh?

Oh well. Nothing too aluring about that. So much for my theory that it was a Roman trinket blown over here from Pompeii.

Attachments

• IM000886.JPG
    IM000886.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 206
  • IM000886.JPG
    IM000886.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 216

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very, very nice variety of finds! Dug several of those zipper pulls myself here in MO.

Glad to see that the weather's cooperating for you, hope you have a bountiful year.

Nat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions