What's new

two hunts worth

McCDig

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2015
Messages
3,753
Reaction score
9,039
Golden Thread
1
Location
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thursday I headed to a Baltimore Co. park to explore an area bounded by RR tracks, highway and stream. Looks like it's better for winter when overgrowth is down, so I contented myself with checking out the farm dump and coin-shooting the bleacher area of the ball field. In late morning I headed down to the city and had a decent afternoon, finding a wheat, shield nickel, buffalo nickel, two marbles and a merc there. With the nickel from the county park I made a trifecta. Pretty dry here around Baltimore...need some rain to help the grass and help the signals.

finds.webp
 
Upvote 32
Thanks cjon455! There were no IHCs that day, but the shield nickel got me into the 1800s.
 
Congrats on that trifecta and those other keepers. I don't find much in older parks in the tri county area here in Ohio.
 
Nice finds. I've yet to find my first shield nickel. Thanks for sharing
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom