What's new

Two Indian Head Pennies Today

goldencoin

Gold Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2005
Messages
5,669
Reaction score
452
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everybody! Been hitting the coins pretty hard since it has been raining all week. Among the $250 in pennies this week, I got a steel cent, numerous wheats, and my first and second Indians of the year, both in the same roll. I went back to the bank and traded them for the ones they needed on hand. No dice, but got some wheats for the pile. Only a few hundred wheats until I can fill the $50 bag. Other than that, I got my first two 2009 P dimes. Good Luck!

HH
-GC
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5078.webp
    IMG_5078.webp
    54.3 KB · Views: 577
Upvote 0
Sounds like your doing pretty good. Nice Indians. I have yet to find a steelie, seems they would be harder to find because they would get rejected from machines and stick out like a sore thumb when someone is rolling. HH, SE
 
Nope, running stats:
Steel:
10 P
1 D
1 Unreadable

Indians:
1891
1895x2
1899
1902
1907x2

Your idea is probably true in suburban/ urban areas with numerous coin machines, but, the majority of rolls I get are handrolled. Most steel cents are rather tarnished and can easily be mistaken for a salty zinc.

HH
-GC
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom