Two Indian Heads Found!

kestrelia

May 9, 2007
Today is a good day. I found my two oldest coins ever!

While looking doing a major coin dump at my bank (about $1830 - in dollars, halves, dimes, nickels and pennies) I found two Indian Head pennies under the machine. Always look under there - you never know. They are dated 1881 and 1864! I'll put up pictures of them tonight. They are beat up, but I don't mind. :)

Upvote 0
Very sweet. Not sure the kind of machine your talking about. The one I return to, I cant possibly fit under. If I see a coin right on the edge I might could get it. But, I think the manager would get mad if I got on my hands and knees and tried to crawl under the thing.

I wasn't able to take a good scan of the pennies because they are too darkened. Here's a scan, however, of three silver dimes I found tonight (same day), 1955, 1957 and 1943S! This is my first Merc.

Attachments

• silver_dimes.JPG
    silver_dimes.JPG
    8.3 KB · Views: 183
Nice Indian Head finds. I've found a few keepers under those machines, too. And congrats on the Merc!

WTG K!! Congrats on your two oldest coins. They are really old too...sheesh....1864 & 1881.....wow......

Must be nice to find Indian Heads.....a feeling I am not familiar with yet....ha. Maybe one day though.

The more I think about, those coins are quite old to have been found in the wild. That must have been a rush! Big time congratulations!!!!! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back