Two keepers make the day!

DKinPA

Aug 21, 2005
Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Minelab ETrac & Tesoro Silver UMax
Hunted a well hit ball field today and the finds were few but still found enough to make the day a success. The F75 LTD keeps making a believer out of me with every trip. I was running the 5" DD coil today with disc at 1 and sensitivity at 70. The first keeper was the 1923 Mercury dime at a measured 7", the next was the 1945 wheat at about 5" but it had a nice rusted nail almost touching it. Just before calling it a day I hit the 1936 Buff at about 4" right next to a chain link fence. The big thing at the top of the pic is a token that says "No cash value" on the back. The other nickel is a 1956 Jeff and it was less than 2" deep....I'm sure me and a few others must have walked by this one a couple times in the past season or two.

Thanks for looking!!

Attachments

• March 19 2011-1.jpg
    March 19 2011-1.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 583
Upvote 0

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the digs! Good lookin merc and buff :icon_thumleft:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Like Buffalos with Dates !

Congrats !

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think i would be thinking about spending any money with what your finding. I think i might need to spend some money. Good job Dave.

OP
OP
DKinPA

DKinPA

Aug 21, 2005
Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Thanks all!!

Den and Jim.....I know I don't HAVE to join the dark side ..... but there's just something about the E-trac that seems to be calling me...LOL!
I read way too much about metal detecting and I'm really torn about making the leap. There was that ONE time that Jeff heard a wheat with the Sovereign that I would have walked by when I checked the signal that is still stuck in my mind. It's not even that I want a Minelab in particular but I want to try the FBS technology and until someone else can put one out there I'm thinking the E-trac has to be my next model.....so many choices....so much money...LOL!!
For the moment I will keep swinging the LTD and feel totally confident in it's ability to find the silver stuff!!

Dave

mcmurphi

Feb 5, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Detector(s) used
White's DFX • Fisher CZ-21
Now that is a great batch of finds for the collection, nice job! I just read the Freedom token can be referred to as the "Divorce Token"; Free on one side but no cash on the other.

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Thanks for sharing DK, I guess it just goes to show that we never find it all no matter how many have hunted the area before. Great job.

OP
OP
DKinPA

DKinPA

Aug 21, 2005
Central Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
McMurph...........that's funny.............and true!!!

Jeff, I was convinced at the end of '09 that the V was going to be next machine until I went to the Gold Show in Carlisle and met Lil-John from Finder's Keepers demonstrating the F75 LTD. I was stressing over the V decision though because I was using the DFX at the time and was never "comfortable" that I had all the settings where they should be and the more I read about the V the more I was worried that it was the DFX x2 for settings. So I went with the LTD for the simplicity of one button and one knob. Thus far I am more than happy with my decision but I have not spent any real amount time in the field with anyone using the V.

Those Minelabs are just casting a spell over me at the moment....LOL!!

Dave

jeff741972

Sep 13, 2008
Tamaqua Pa
Detector(s) used
V3i
I found the i to be much smoother, Im sold on the upgrade in 1 serious hunt. I really didnt tweak it too much, just maxed the gain out so far to check the stability, which it was smooth. There is a ton more for me to nuts with, weather it will help or not I dont know, I really dont want to dig foot deep holes in public places, farm fields all day long though. I also would imagine, the f75, etrac, v3 all will do wonders in the hands of someone taking the time to learn it. When I was buying a high end, i seriously thought about the etrac, only thing that stopped me was being used to the whites way of operating, the sounds and controls.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread