Two !!! Pewter USA buttons !!

VERMONTPACKRAT

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2007
Topsham, Vermont
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Garrett ace 250
Today I took some time for myself and headed to a far corner of the hay field accross the road. This spot in the field was my first serious hunt this spring with the ACE 250. I brought home a 1798 LC, a handfull of tombac and dandy buttons. This is the first time back to this spot since that weekend.
Now I swing a Minelab 705 and was thinking that I could pick up something old. I turned off the iron, cranked up the sens. and picked my way arround.
Not really sure what to say other than the best button came first at about 10". I knew right away that I had a KEEPER ;D In my watch pocket it went....... About twenty feet away got another broken deep signal....... USA # 2 !!!!!

I spent another hour and got a small cuff size tonbac then called it a day.

I will be going back.......

VPR

Attachments

• IMG_8504_1_1.JPG
    IMG_8504_1_1.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 2,659
  • IMG_8507_1_1.JPG
    IMG_8507_1_1.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 2,654
  • IMG_8513_1_1.JPG
    IMG_8513_1_1.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 2,679
  • IMG_8515_1_1.JPG
    IMG_8515_1_1.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 2,640
  • IMG_8518_1_1.JPG
    IMG_8518_1_1.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 2,603
  • IMG_8521_1_1.JPG
    IMG_8521_1_1.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 2,593
Upvote 2
Banner for sure! :icon_thumright:

And this is from the same field as where you found a George Washington inaugural button?? :o :o :o :o :notworthy: :notworthy:

Are you digging everything signal? If you need help with that.... My Etrac will travel!!! ;D ;D

very nice finds, I have never seen these before.

A BIG congrats on a spectacular find VP. :thumbsup:
Way to go on your banner finds.
-MM-

Thank You every one for the Banner votes !! The button sure does look good up there!

Stay tuned as I will be headed back to this part of the field again this coming weekend. (weather permiting)
The grass is kinda tall because the farmer was not able to do a second cut this fall. Makes for some tough detecting. I guess that I shouldnt complain ;D

VPR

CONGRATULATIONS on the Finds and BANNER!!!!!! :notworthy:

Fantastic find! I am glad you didn't get rained out like many of us here on the East Coast this weekend. That is one of the nicest pewter USA buttons I have seen. I think there have been 3 posted recently, and at least one of those made the banner. IMHO, none of those hold a candle to yours!

I am also thankful that this made the banner so we don't have to see Iron Patches bumps for the next 90 days :wink:

Congrats!
Neil

Congrats on the Banner,Well deserved as that is a Very Nice button and in Very Good shape too. :notworthy: :headbang: :hello2: :hello:

Wanted to mention something I've started using as my own experimental preservative and seems to work good for me as I can tell.I just use a small paint brush and smooth it out all over and keep painting the access off tell i'm happy then let it dry.It dries clear adds a protective coating and the polymers help keep it intact.Safe as well to you as it is a organopolymer.Anyway just something I thought I'd shoot out there.The other things talked about are from guy's who know best probably.
Here is a site on it if you care to read.Also on the bad ones I repeat this a couple of times.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polydimethylsiloxane

Attachments

• 000_0001.jpg
    000_0001.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 1,782
  • 000_0002.jpg
    000_0002.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 1,765
There have been some amazing finds on here lately.....your two buttons blow me away.

Congrats on a well-deserved banner, VP. :notworthy: Sites just don't get any better than that one. Hunt it, hunt it, and hunt it until there is literally nothing left. :thumbsup:

Kyle

Would love to find a USA button, but nice to see others finding and posting them here! Congrats on the twosome~!

Don

romeo-1 said:
Historically, one of the nicest buttons I've seen this year!

Other than it and the nicer GWs I can't think of anymore I've seen in that league this year.

WOW!!! I would kill to dig one of those! what nice shape too.

dang! two? that is something. congratulations on your banner finds,
steve

I feel like a little kid ;D Got home from work and had to run right in to see if the buttons were where I left them! <GRIN>

VPR

VERMONTPACKRAT said:
I feel like a little kid ;D Got home from work and had to run right in to see if the buttons were where I left them! <GRIN>

VPR

Only cuz I don't know where you live. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back