What's new

Two Plat day !!

Ringdigger

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2012
Messages
23
Reaction score
32
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
excal ll, white's surf PI, Tesoro sand shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
What a great day yesterday, went to three resort beaches, finally found a small 6 gram 900 pt with a small yellow diamond chip inside the band at the last one. I didn't know they put stones inside rings. This is a first for me. Well I was pretty happy with my single ring and was pretty worn out so I headed back and got to the first lagoon again and as I usually do I work my way through not expecting anything but you never know. I was just about to walk out of the water when these three little girls playing in the wet sand asked me if I was metal detecting. I said yes and walked out and about five feet from these kids I get a signal, I figured maybe a quarter or something, I lift the scoop shake the sand out and there is a silver ring, I showed it to the girls because they asked what I found and I walked back to my car got out the readers and saw that it was a 950 Pt and it weighed in at 12.9 grams. It really made my day. Two plats in one day is awesome. I only had two little bands last year. This year is starting out really great. I like winter time, I think the tourists have more money and lose more valuable jewelry than the summer. Thanks for reading IMG_0029.webp
 
Upvote 0
Dang! way to go...
 
Congratulations on the two platinum ring finds!
 
Hey Ringdigger,,
It's funny how you said that you weren't paying much attention to the sound.
I seem to find more gold rings when I'm not paying attention and just scooping away.
Nice job
GG
 
nice.thanks for sharing!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom