What's new

Two silver day, 1835, 1887

Klclark3

Banned
Joined
Apr 20, 2013
Messages
365
Reaction score
524
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Discovery 3300, AT GOLD, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Work has kept me busy, I was able to get out today and pull these two silvers.
 

Attachments

  • 1431371230447.webp
    1431371230447.webp
    15.8 KB · Views: 218
  • 1431371238402.webp
    1431371238402.webp
    10.3 KB · Views: 216
  • 1431371246181.webp
    1431371246181.webp
    14.2 KB · Views: 224
  • 1431371253657.webp
    1431371253657.webp
    12.7 KB · Views: 228
Upvote 28
Two very large silver finds, congratulations!
 
So you dug a Morgan and a capped bust half, on the same day... and that's all you say... one sentence.

Some (read: most) of us spend hour upon hour searching for a silver Rosie or Merc. You find two of the finest US silver coins ever made, and give us one line. Please elaborate a bit. I doubt that I will ever dig anything like that, so a little background would help me (read: us) to live vicariously through you.

Congrats on the really killer coins.
 
So you dug a Morgan and a capped bust half, on the same day... and that's all you say... one sentence.

Some (read: most) of us spend hour upon hour searching for a silver Rosie or Merc. You find two of the finest US silver coins ever made, and give us one line. Please elaborate a bit. I doubt that I will ever dig anything like that, so a little background would help me (read: us) to live vicariously through you.

Congrats on the really killer coins.

What he said
 
Will do, out still hunting didn't have time just too excited. Will return.
 
ok, that's just sick! A hearty congrats from your northern neighbor.
 
Silver dollar spill with other silver!!

I have been busy at work lately so first hunt in awhile, and I've been hunting this spot that used to be a old dry goods store here in town. I've pulled up modern junk countless times, mostly can slaw but today I made it to the back corner of the area. The total area is about 18000 square foot so I've been slowly working across it and had a good ring on the detector. Started digging and hit a metal sheet, bummer, starting working towards a tree and got another good hit this time filled with silver!
 

Attachments

  • 1431382957073.webp
    1431382957073.webp
    19.1 KB · Views: 424
Last edited:
Wow! A Morgan and a bust half earlier and now a spill/cache with 12 coins including 4 more silver dollars? Keep hunting, cause not every day is this lucky! Congrats!
 
Pretty nonchalant for 2 amazing coins like that- congrats!!!

-- Jeff --
 
How do you do that solid black background? It really makes the silver pop!
 
GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:notworthy: :occasion14:
 
Rained out :/
 
good lord that's incredible
 
@wheres_wheatie, it's some fancy cloth, using it to keep em on. And found at a 1900'ish dry good store that was burnt to the ground.
 
I have been busy at work lately so first hunt in awhile, and I've been hunting this spot that used to be a old dry goods store here in town. I've pulled up modern junk countless times, mostly can slaw but today I made it to the back corner of the area. The total area is about 18000 square foot so I've been slowly working across it and had a good ring on the detector. Started digging and hit a metal sheet, bummer, starting working towards a tree and got another good hit this time filled with silver!

Great finds. Most hunt a lifetime without ever finding a silver dollar.
 
With some good solid close ups and group shots , I think this can make Banner ! It's extremely unusual for anybody to find a silver
dollar - off the charts rare for multiple silver dollars plus all the other silvers ! Can we get a story here ? were these mostly out of
one hole ? do you believe these were cached ?
 
Work has kept me busy, I was able to get out today and pull these two silvers.

Wow all that and 4 silver dollars 6 silver quarters and two dimes and posted and edited from the field too. Man you're super busy with a great site
 
So you dug a Morgan and a capped bust half, on the same day... and that's all you say... one sentence.

Some (read: most) of us spend hour upon hour searching for a silver Rosie or Merc. You find two of the finest US silver coins ever made, and give us one line. Please elaborate a bit. I doubt that I will ever dig anything like that, so a little background would help me (read: us) to live vicariously through you.

Congrats on the really killer coins.
Ditto.... more story . Love to hear the particulars
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom