What's new

Two silver day, 1835, 1887

Klclark3

Banned
Joined
Apr 20, 2013
Messages
365
Reaction score
524
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Discovery 3300, AT GOLD, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Work has kept me busy, I was able to get out today and pull these two silvers.
 

Attachments

  • 1431371230447.webp
    1431371230447.webp
    15.8 KB · Views: 218
  • 1431371238402.webp
    1431371238402.webp
    10.3 KB · Views: 216
  • 1431371246181.webp
    1431371246181.webp
    14.2 KB · Views: 224
  • 1431371253657.webp
    1431371253657.webp
    12.7 KB · Views: 228
Upvote 28
Four nickels, and 7 coppers that I figured were pennies. And not really a plug either, I was digging with a little trowel and then I hit it and dustedthe dirt off alittle.
 
So yesterday you found this 1887 Morgan along with an 1835 bust half in your thread "two silver day, 1887, 1835". ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1431455612.349321.webp

And then you found another 1887 Morgan in your amazing silver cache (posted in this thread) as well. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1431455690.177377.webp

That's uncanny to find such amazing and similar coins in two different hunts. Very impressive, congrats on your super duper finds!
 
No I put those two threads into this one, I found those two coins at the same site but about a foot from the 'cache' I made the original post then found that and made another post and then added the all the coins found that were silver into a group photo
 
As you can see I added the other coin into the group.
 

Attachments

  • 1431456152336.webp
    1431456152336.webp
    49.5 KB · Views: 124
Wow awesome haul.. congrats...:headbang:
 
Morgan dollars and Washington quarters in the same hole wow
 
......
 
Last edited:
What rick?
 
Your finds are unbelievable man!
 
No I put those two threads into this one, I found those two coins at the same site but about a foot from the 'cache' I made the original post then found that and made another post and then added the all the coins found that were silver into a group photo

Ok whew! Glad you cleared that up. Such an interesting cache! In the first pic you posted there are 4 silver dollars, but in the latest pics there are 7 silver dollars. Also I noticed you included the bust half, but I also see a bit of a Walking half in one of the latest pics, but not in the first. Was that in the cache as well? Also looks like you misplaced one of the 5 Washingtons in the latest pics. At any rate, that's a lot of nice silver!
 
Ok whew! Glad you cleared that up. Such an interesting cache! In the first pic you posted there are 4 silver dollars, but in the latest pics there are 7 silver dollars. Also I noticed you included the bust half, but I also see a bit of a Walking half in one of the latest pics, but not in the first. Was that in the cache as well? Also looks like you misplaced one of the 5 Washingtons in the latest pics. At any rate, that's a lot of nice silver!

My thoughts exactly. I was confused for a bit.......
 
Klclark3 can you post a better pic of the standing liberty quarter you found in the cache? They are one of my fav coins, I want to see if there is a readable date, looks to be in nice condition.
 
Four nickels, and 7 coppers that I figured were pennies. And not really a plug either, I was digging with a little trowel and then I hit it and dustedthe dirt off alittle.

No nickels or coppers in your pics?
 
No nickels or coppers in your pics?

Yes, I'd love to see the nickels and coppers! That makes the cache even cooler!!
 
Klclark , I highly recommend that you re- title this post - maybe something like : Multiple Silver dollars and other Silvers Dug Today ...etc.
just a suggestion - because your current title is a real yawner - but the finds are massively exciting !

Will post pictures soon, how do I do that arg?

Contact one of the Moderators here, they should be able to fix that for you.
 
I'm a bit confused here. In your group photo you posted 8 clean nickles and 2 that were still dirty from being in the ground--that's 10, but your post says only 4. You are lucky to have such mild ground since after you cleaned those nickels with silver polish there was no pitting on even the older buffalo nickles. So were the silver coins, nickles, and coppers all lying together in the cache you found as your photo indicates? Thanks for any additional info!

Four nickels, and 7 coppers that I figured were pennies. And not really a plug either, I was digging with a little trowel and then I hit it and dustedthe dirt off alittle.
 
Last edited:
He posted 8 nickels in his latest post that he got remarkably clean with silver polish. 2 are still dirty, so I guess the cache was bigger than he originally let on. I'd love to see the coppers as well.

Yes, I'd love to see the nickels and coppers! That makes the cache even cooler!!
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom