lostlugnut

Greenie
May 16, 2012
Emerald Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit the beach the other night and the waves were brutal. Helped another MD'r look for a necklace with no luck, also ran into a nice young lady and her mother looking for a wedding ring in the wet sand. They were digging all over the place and couldn't find anything. I walked up and started talking to them and found out they borrowed a detector to find the missing ring, they kept hearing beeps and would did and dig and find nothing (they were using a cheep land machine on a salt beach). I scanned the hole they were digging with my excal II and nothing, they scanned again and they got nothing. I explained falsing to them and asked them where did it get lost. They said they think it was right around there. TWO WEEKS AGO.... We had a pretty good storm roll through here the weekend after they lost it and it washed the beach back big time. I told them that it could be gone or someone else got it in the meantime.

Did find some clad and a nice sized gold looking earring. Was stoked thinking gold on back to back trips. But alas no markings. It looks gold plated under a loupe. Oh well. Still kinda cool.

The second discovery and I think the best one for me was not on the beach. I had found a ring crusted pretty bad, it said 925 but a brass key marred it and I was thinking it was pewter. DrJoePrime suggested foil electrolysis. Gave it a shot and no luck. The foil dissolved which I thought was really cool. Then SneadsFerryMD told me about the cell charger method. Saw a vid that ChicagoRon did and thought I would give it a shot. Goodwill had an old charger for a buck, stainless knife for 20 cents and a glass mug for 50 cents. Radio Shack had the alligator clips for $3.56. 5 minutes to put it together and bobs your uncle. Under 6 bucks and I have a nice little set up. I put it to the test with the ring and WOW that was what was missing. :headbang:

Sorry for the long post.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
lostlugnut

lostlugnut

Greenie
May 16, 2012
Emerald Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also found a sinker that looks like it was bit by a dolphin. All kinds of cool stuff out there

ForumRunner_20120620_183822.png

SneadsFerryMD

Apr 10, 2012
Sneads Ferry NC
Detector(s) used
Torreseo Sand Shark, Whites Beach Hunter ID, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im glad it cleaned up so nicely! I actually look forwards to finding .925 more then gold, i love seeing the before and after first hand.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done, congratulation!!

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
nice job on the silver ring clean -up!:hello2:

Lorraine