gemee Hero Member Joined Jul 31, 2004 Messages 652 Reaction score 296 Golden Thread 0 Location California Mar 25, 2011 #1 I received this purchase from eBay today, and am wondering what country these old coins were originally from? Thanks! Attachments ASIcoins.webp 33.6 KB · Views: 260 ASIcoins1.webp 61.2 KB · Views: 255 ASIcoins2.webp 54.2 KB · Views: 261
I received this purchase from eBay today, and am wondering what country these old coins were originally from? Thanks!
K Kenosha Kid Sr. Member Joined Dec 13, 2010 Messages 476 Reaction score 202 Golden Thread 0 Location Wisconsin Mar 25, 2011 #2 Second pic; the one on the left looks like a Prussian 1/12th Thaler : http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...=12&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com Upvote 0
Second pic; the one on the left looks like a Prussian 1/12th Thaler : http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...=12&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com
Silver Searcher Gold Member Joined Sep 27, 2006 Messages 10,425 Reaction score 2,724 Golden Thread 1 Location UK 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used XP Deus Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 25, 2011 #3 Second coin in second picture is a shilling from the german state of Mecklene, working on the rest Third coin second row is a Prusssian coin..17th century Brandenburg-Prussia 1/12 Reichsthaler, infact I think they are all German coins SS Upvote 0
Second coin in second picture is a shilling from the german state of Mecklene, working on the rest Third coin second row is a Prusssian coin..17th century Brandenburg-Prussia 1/12 Reichsthaler, infact I think they are all German coins SS
gemee Hero Member Joined Jul 31, 2004 Messages 652 Reaction score 296 Golden Thread 0 Location California Mar 25, 2011 Thread Owner #4 Thanks much! I can take a pic of the back if needed, but it is very worn-down. You think that they are all German coins? Upvote 0
Thanks much! I can take a pic of the back if needed, but it is very worn-down. You think that they are all German coins?
Silver Searcher Gold Member Joined Sep 27, 2006 Messages 10,425 Reaction score 2,724 Golden Thread 1 Location UK 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used XP Deus Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Mar 25, 2011 #5 gemee said: Thanks much! I can take a pic of the back if needed, but it is very worn-down. You think that they are all German coins? Click to expand... Yes they all look like German coins...nice buy though SS Upvote 0
gemee said: Thanks much! I can take a pic of the back if needed, but it is very worn-down. You think that they are all German coins? Click to expand... Yes they all look like German coins...nice buy though SS
Mackaydon Sapphire Member 🥇 Charter Member Joined Oct 26, 2004 Messages 25,995 Reaction score 28,640 Golden Thread 0 Location N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son Detector(s) used Minelab Explorer Primary Interest: Shipwrecks Mar 25, 2011 #6 Yes, I agree with the above: The second coin is a one schilling coin from Merklene (MECKLENBURG) Schwerin--like this: http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=76724 and here:http://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces15837.html Don....... Upvote 0
Yes, I agree with the above: The second coin is a one schilling coin from Merklene (MECKLENBURG) Schwerin--like this: http://www.coincommunity.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=76724 and here:http://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces15837.html Don.......
gemee Hero Member Joined Jul 31, 2004 Messages 652 Reaction score 296 Golden Thread 0 Location California Mar 25, 2011 Thread Owner #7 Thanks again! I bought this old treasure for 25.00 on eBay. Upvote 0