Typical day at the cache site...

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hey all,,,
I haven't had a chance to get out until yesterday, I didn't find anything myself, but it was good to get back out after 10 days of bad weather. One of our other hunting partners found a nice little silver pendant before the rain set in, and we called it quits...

I snuck back out about sun-up this morning before the rain came. Went to the old cache site and had a typical 1:45 Min's..
The old squares nails were about to wear me out. They're usually always pretty deep, 7"to 8" or better, and hard to find..
Only thing found of any interest was some kind of brass plate that says, "This installation by / Moran Electrical Service inc. / Indianapolis, IND. " I'm thinking it might be fairly old, due to the fact I can't find any info on the company, and they're abbreviating Indiana with, " IND. " the way they use to, instead of, " IN ", the way they do now...

All in all, it was good to get back out. Being almost December, I'll consider myself lucky to have even got'n out...
Ooops,, the big sqaure shaped object is a hunk of lead, and I did find a nice golf ball... ;D
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Attachments

• Recent.jpg
    Recent.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 461
Upvote 0

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Thought I would see some decent coins - hasn't that site been good to you?

Anyway, yes it's still good to be out swinging the coil. :)

Bob

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Leon,

like the plate, nice.

Keep checking, sure you will come up with something on the company.

have a good un.......

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Nope Mirage,,, no coins this time... The site has been very good to me, but the pic above pretty much shows a typical day of of hunting there. I thought that by running into the patch of square nails I was close to some older coins, but no cigar...

SHERMANVILLE, I did some more searching last night, but all I could come up with was some public record were a Bank here in town was taking them to court, some type of Estate settlement in 1993, so they may have folded up. Doesn't look to be too old... I can't remember what year they changed the abbreviation, sometime in the late 60's, I think... Maybe I should try to look them up in one of the old phone books I have around here, seems like we got every phone book they ever put out... ;D

Hey Art,,, I'll keep on dig'n, probably won't give up on this site for quite sometime. I could probably hunt there for the rest of my life and not top the cache, but if anythings left there, or not, I'm still going to be looking for it...

Thanks for the replies guys...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

treasures4me2find

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2005
Murphy, N.C.
Any find is a good find in my book. You just never know what you will uncover. Maybe the coins will be waiting for you next time. Good luck next time. Congrats on your finds.

Ken

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find/s Leon!

HH

Lonewolfe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread