diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't had anything too good to post in finds lately, just clad,a few tokens(modern) and junk jewelry.So I figured i'd post my best find of the last 4 weeks which was found in my change from the local Hess station.It's a 1907 indian head cent in pretty good shape.I've found a dozen or so wheats,4 or 5 silver rosies and 1 '64 silver quarter,not to mention numerous war nickels and a 1950 B $20.00 bill,over the past year in my pocket change.Anyway this little indian was dying to be found.I noticed an odd looking coin when I received my change and dismissed it as a canadian penny.Later in the day,I stopped by the same Hess station on the way home from work and when I pulled my money out ,it came flying out on the floor.That's when I noticed what it was.Moral of the story,always check your pocket change and the notes to,you never know.Here's a picture,I hope is isn't too large,I tried to make them smaller than my usual full page photo blow-up.LOL------

Attachments

• indian frnt.jpg
    indian frnt.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 407
  • indian bck.jpg
    indian bck.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 412
Upvote 0

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Sounds like someone spent someone's coin collection. You would think the person working the register would be cherry pickin those coins. I would. ;D

Bob

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!

Great find!!!! :o

Nana

treasures4me2find

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2005
Murphy, N.C.
Great find, and how and why did it wind up in a register. I have a big piture that all my coins go into just for that reason. When it gets filled, I then roll them on a rainy day looking for some good finds. Always seem to add to my collection.

Ken

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:) :)Thanks for the replies everyone.If I worked a register it wouldn't have gotten past me that's for sure.Not to sound racial or anything but don't forget,i'm in S.Florida the only ones running cash registers at gas/convenience stores down here are Pakistani's and Indian's(the eastern ones) with an occasional Guatamalan or Haitian thrown in for good measure. ;DThey probably don't know much about old American money.One of the benefits of living in a banana republic I guess :D BTW- Ken,I do the same thing, cept when the jug gets filled I seperate them into different coin bags.One of these days i'll get around to rolling and searching them.

LONE GUNMAN

Mar 12, 2005
DIGGIN' IN NEVADA
LOL....I BOUGHT 5 INDIANS FROM A LADY THAT WORKS AT A LOCAL GROCIERY STORE IN A SMALL HISTORIC TOWN.......SHE GOT THEM RIGHT OUT OF THE TILL. SAID SOME ONE CAME IN AND GAVE HERE 2 ROLES OF PENNYS FOR A BUCK.....WOULD REALLY LIKE TO KNOW HOW MANEY WHEATIES WERE IN THAT BUNCH.
GOOD JOB
LGP

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good deal!

HH

Lonewolfe

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Back in the 80's I used to go to the bank and get $20 worth of pennies at a time. I sit for hours checking each coin.? Over the years I must have checked 100,000's but never found an Indian. However I did find lots of Wheaties and mint errors.

Nice find.

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread