What's new

U.S 7th Regiment pinback help

GravyDavy

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jul 22, 2020
Messages
1
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this white enameled U.S 7 R. pinback in a farm field with other finds dating from late 17th century to modern . I have not been able to put it on a uniform so to speak . To me it screams WW I. To thin to be a button so I am calling it a pinback . I cannot find a match anywhere ? Any help appreciated ! GravyDavy
 

Attachments

  • 3B520C0A-57BB-4FD8-A5FE-ADD07245C436.webp
    3B520C0A-57BB-4FD8-A5FE-ADD07245C436.webp
    223.8 KB · Views: 78
  • B82CB96F-83CE-4A29-ADD4-FBB14846B681.webp
    B82CB96F-83CE-4A29-ADD4-FBB14846B681.webp
    225.7 KB · Views: 63
I'm guessing stick pin. It reminds me of the small WWII era enameled pins I got from my father-in-law. They were intended to be worn by civilian family members.

I'm not convinced yours is strictly military. Are there any military unit insignia's that actually have "U.S." in them? Maybe a military related civilian patriotic pin.

Are you sure that's a '7'? It seems upside-down in relation to the other letters.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom