What's new

U S Cival War Buckle

johnnyrum

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 4, 2014
Messages
24
Reaction score
61
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No buckle but a cartridge plate found today in Columbia TN. Anyone know maybe the year?
 

Attachments

  • 20150919_184356.webp
    20150919_184356.webp
    224.6 KB · Views: 108
  • 20150919_184339.webp
    20150919_184339.webp
    493.6 KB · Views: 120
  • 20150919_200753.webp
    20150919_200753.webp
    183.8 KB · Views: 112
  • 20150919_200742.webp
    20150919_200742.webp
    322.9 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Upvote 24
Nice job and welcome to the forum. That's a find you'll never forget. Looks like the one I have. Post a picture of the back and I'm sure someone can give you some info as to type. I think the one I have is called a puppy paw. I'm still learning but there are many experts on this site. Hunt that place hard and good luck.
 
Nice plate johnnyrum and welcome! It looks like you have a US Cartridge Box Plate. The 4 rusted spots on the back are where the iron hooks were that attached it to the Cartridge Box. Excellent find.
 
Yes, it's a cartridge box plate, but still a very nice find.
 
Johnnyrum, what a fantastic find - congrats! It is certainly CW era. I have found several U.S. buckles, but never a box plate. Way to go!
 
Thanks was shaking when I saw the U S. Found at an old cival war arsenal place now a school
 
Thanks was shaking when I saw the U S. Found at an old cival war arsenal place now a school

I would be shaking also seeing the U.S. Welcome to T-net with a bang and congratulations on your find. Thanks for sharing it with us.
TnMtns
 
Very nice plate. It will display nicely.
 
WELCOME TO TNET!!
That's one plate more than what I have found. Very nice.
 
SAY WHAT ? THIS IS A NEW TNET MEMBER AND HE HAS SCORED BIG TIME ALREADY . HERE I HAVE BEEN DETECTING SINCE 2007 AND HAVE YET TO FIND A BOX PLATE CONGRATS MY FREIND CONGRATS AND WELCOME TO TNET FOR U WILL FIND MANY INTERESTING PEOPLE ON THIS SITE.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom