What's new

Civil War button, bullet, & two mystery crosses found.

Mike N Tn.

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
312
Reaction score
1,932
Golden Thread
0
Location
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600,
and Fisher F75
I took advantage of a cool day & recovered a few relics in a Middle TN yard. If anyone knows what crosses go to please chime in. A funeral home was close by, & I thought maybe the crosses go on caskets.
Thanks for looking.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8205.webp
    IMG_8205.webp
    964.2 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_8204.webp
    IMG_8204.webp
    2 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_8206.webp
    IMG_8206.webp
    832.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_8209.webp
    IMG_8209.webp
    247.2 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_8236.webp
    IMG_8236.webp
    488 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_8238.webp
    IMG_8238.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_8237.webp
    IMG_8237.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_8239.webp
    IMG_8239.webp
    802.6 KB · Views: 61
Upvote 26
I took advantage of a cool day & recovered a few relics in a Middle TN yard. If anyone knows what crosses go to please chime in. A funeral home was close by, & I thought maybe the crosses go on caskets.
Thanks for looking.
Nice work Mike !!!!!!
Congratulations
 
Neat finds. I think those might be communion tokens, typically used by Presbyterian and Reformed churches and cast in lead, pewter, or copper/brass during the 1800s.

These are older ones from Scotland, made from tin sheet, with the cross punched rather than cast:

Communion Tokens.webp
 
Neat finds. I think those might be communion tokens, typically used by Presbyterian and Reformed churches and cast in lead, pewter, or copper/brass during the 1800s.

These are older ones from Scotland, made from tin sheet, with the cross punched rather than cast:

View attachment 2261099
Great research Red-Coat
 
I took advantage of a cool day & recovered a few relics in a Middle TN yard. If anyone knows what crosses go to please chime in. A funeral home was close by, & I thought maybe the crosses go on caskets.
Thanks for looking.
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!
 
I took advantage of a cool day & recovered a few relics in a Middle TN yard. If anyone knows what crosses go to please chime in. A funeral home was close by, & I thought maybe the crosses go on caskets.
Thanks for looking.
Very nice CW digs! Congratulations
 
I took advantage of a cool day & recovered a few relics in a Middle TN yard. If anyone knows what crosses go to please chime in. A funeral home was close by, & I thought maybe the crosses go on caskets.
Thanks for looking.
Very nice! Keep it up!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom