🥇 BANNER U.S. PLATE, 1746 Pillar Reale, VIRGINIA & MASS. BUTTONS....ALL FROM NEW CAMPSITE

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
U.S. PLATE, 1746 Pillar Reale, VIRGINIA & MASS. BUTTONS....ALL FROM NEW CAMPSITE

What's up TNet. Jeff (UmrGolf2000) and I got out to do our daily digging yesterday and today and we secured permission at a new site which ended up being a AWESOME untouched Civil War Campsite!!! :headbang: :headbang: We dug some really amazing stuff and unbelievable quantities.....we're still pretty light-headed from the whole experience and this goes down as one of our best hunts this year! We hope y'all enjoy them!! Well enough talking....onto the photos! We have a few videos too :thumbsup:

The button in the video ended up being the Massachusetts button :wink:

Some of the buttons as they come out of the dirt

Virginia Cuff Button (W.H.M. Smith New York)
MD Pics 247.jpg

War of 1812 Navy Eagle Button
IMG_0018.JPG

Large Eagle Artillery Coat Button
22043_12_01_11_10_18_29_1.jpeg

22043_12_01_11_10_18_28_0.jpeg

Massachusetts Button
IMG_0013.JPG

1820's Eagle Artillery Button (1-piece SCOVILLS)
IMG_0016.JPG

National Home for Disabled Volunteer Soldiers Cuff Button
IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

Group Button shot (8 GS buttons, Eagle A, Eagle I, VA, MA, 1812 Navy, 1812 Artillery Corps, 1820's Artillery, silver flat button, unknown button)
IMG_0022.JPG

Eagle Pistol Percussion Cap Lid (heavily silver plated) & US box plate
IMG_0029.JPG

1746 Pillar Style One Reale (mexico city, mexico)
IMG_0033.JPG

IMG_0035.JPG

1862 Indian Head Penny
IMG_0036.JPG

Group Photo
IMG_0040.JPG

Upvote 0
U

umrgolf

Re: U.S. PLATE, 1746 Pillar Reale, VIRGINIA & MASS. BUTTONS....ALL FROM NEW CAMPSITE

vayank54 said:
Ok you guys. you've dug enough for one year. Leave something for the rest of us. :laughing7: All I can say is you all are on a roll and got into a great spot. On your 2 piece button, the Superior Quality mark on that one looks to be mid 1900's. During the centennial there were buttons and ribbons with a US & CS soldier shaking hands. I'm not 100% sure that's what the button is but I'm guessing it might be since the backmark seems to be of that time period. Can you make out what the writing on the front is?

Thanks for the input yank, post-war heh? That'd be the only relic that came out that was post-war. Josh thinks its period or very shortly there-after and no we aren't able the make out the words other than the first one "the".. ???

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Oct 16, 2009
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: U.S. PLATE, 1746 Pillar Reale, VIRGINIA & MASS. BUTTONS....ALL FROM NEW CAMPSITE

Wow what a fantastic hunt... congrats on the finds and new site...can't wait to see what else comes out of that site... :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: U.S. PLATE, 1746 Pillar Reale, VIRGINIA & MASS. BUTTONS....ALL FROM NEW CAMP

dwayne sueno said:
holy cow! that button assortment is banner material. amazing day.
Thanks Dwayne! Did you vote it for banner?? :wink: :icon_thumleft:

mainer said:
Thanks Mainer my friend!! :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :wink:

hogge said:
Definitely one of the best collection of button finds I've seen posted on T-Net in my 2 yrs. here. Would like to see the back of the unknown relic. Actually looks like it could be a rosette. I think I have actually seen the cuff button depicted somewhere. Interesting. Congratulations. "THE Hogge" :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Hogge, thanks SO much for saying so because Jeff and I REALLY DO go out of our way to film IN THE FIELD to show everyone that we DO dig every one of these buttons/relics and we AREN'T messing/kidding with you guys. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :wink:

MaineRelic said:
Sentinal that was one of the most well put together post of a civil War relics hunt I have ever seen here on T-NET !! The finds alone are mind boggling and BANNER worthy! To find an unhunted civil war camp site on an intown lot ! PRICELESS !!!!!! The Pic of the ornate sash buckles and keepies is my favorite !! If I could vote twice for BANNER I would !! My vote is in !! MaineRelic
MaineRelic, thanks dude! We have been busting our butts and we are still in shock that we found this spot! Really UNBELIEVABLE.....we're still in disbelief! Thanks A TON MY FRIEND for the BANNER vote.....Lots of people might not think Civil War buttons is unique enough...but what we are saying is the QUANTITY is DEFINITELY Bannerworthy :) :icon_thumleft:

Swingit

Apr 29, 2007
Southwestern, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac Sun Ray X-1, Tesoro Vaquero, Cibola, Tejon

Very Nice Relics :o :o
HH!!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: U.S. PLATE, 1746 Pillar Reale, VIRGINIA & MASS. BUTTONS....ALL FROM NEW CAMP

Outstanding!!!Eagle percussion co.makes sense!
Actually those arent sash buckles but suspender buckles that has a ring attachment,they were quite common in the 1850's,we find them,and I have a period photo somewhere!

Brian W

Nov 9, 2007

That is amazing!!!! great buttons and nice silver too :icon_thumleft:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Here is a daguerreotype of a similar design.....not the one I was looking for but close,I have one exact somewhere.

Here is one I recently dug that had the ring still attached

Attachments

• sus.jpg
    sus.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 3,361
  • suspender.jpg
    suspender.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 3,340
OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

kuger said:
Here is a daguerreotype of a similar design.....not the one I was looking for but close,I have one exact somewhere.

Here is one I recently dug that had the ring still attached

Yes indeed, I meant suspender buckles :P Had a mind fart :tongue3: ;D :wink:

KyFreeBird

Mar 21, 2009

:hello2: :hello2:

Great Buttons !!!!!!!!!!!!! You killed it , what a score !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Banner !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HCW

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2007
Metro west ,Boston
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"

Looks like you dug every signal. Whatta group!

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE

Awesome finds. Congrats on all the buttons.
Dman

U

umrgolf

kuger said:
Outstanding!!!Eagle percussion co.makes sense!
Actually those arent sash buckles but suspender buckles that has a ring attachment,they were quite common in the 1850's,we find them,and I have a period photo somewhere!

thanks for the id help kuger.. I didnt know what they were but josh said suspender when i showed him the first one in the field, just a typo i think.. Thanks again for the replies and banner votes.. A lot of time and effort is put into these posts.

dwayne sueno

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
se pro
Primary Interest:
Other

{Sentinel} said:
dwayne sueno said:
holy cow! that button assortment is banner material. amazing day.
Thanks Dwayne! Did you vote it for banner?? :wink: :icon_thumleft:

Congrats on a well-deserved banner. My vote was in!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SWEET :icon_thumright:

Aquila

Jun 9, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 150, Golden mask 3

Nice finds! Congrats making to the banner! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WTG, that site will be a place you will talk about for years to come, may more come out in the future hunts there!!

Don

vermonster

May 7, 2009
hootersville NY
Detector(s) used
whites prism IV
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

:hello:Dang!!!!! Tremendous Finds !!!!!!
vermonster

DirtyMike

Feb 10, 2009
West Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, MXT, TDI, Tejon, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey buddy! Since your my new best friend... when you going to take me digging? :laughing7:

FunWithTreasure

Oct 12, 2008

Yikes. I dont know what I would do if I ever had a day that good. The US box plate has been on my dream find list for 10 years and probably never will find one here in NY

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Man, let me tell you--If you two had called after each great find yesterday, it would've tied my phone up for hours. :o Now THAT's a hunt!!! Box plate is killer--and actually that percussion cap tin lid is a great find. I'm trying to think of where I've seen that in an original presentation box with a period sidearm before...must've been in an auction catalog.

I don't know what that mystery button is, but it is not a KY state seal. I am wondering if it could be a military academy. There are "Superior Quality" bm's from the CW era. I would like to see a good quality, close-up photo of the button in better lighting.

Regards,

Buckleboy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread