UFO pics from last night (06/11/09) - SOLVED

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Re: UFO pics from last night

Thanks Trish.

Many top military and gov't officials are with us.

Gen. Douglas MacArthur stated that "The next war would be an interplanetary war..."

Pres. Ronald Reagan made the 'what if' speech.

Lord Mountbatten in the UK...

How about Gary McKinnon of the UK. The Pentagon wants him extradited to the US for hacking their computers and stating he found lists of "non- terrestrial officers"?

And then there's those telescopic videos by John Leonard Walson. Not sure what to make of those, they are on the web, but not discussed by anyone but him. He shows video of the Shuttle/ISS in orbit, then shows the big 'ships'.

It's late, have to check outside before bed. :)

T

trish76642

here ya go Bob..just go to you-tube, copy and paste the url of the video here. GG taught me that one.

theres another one that shows an object moving in space that they couldnt explain, it started one direction and made a complete turn and went the other direction...i'll see if i can find it.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Weather baloon definately. I was on a remote bombing range site in the Air Force and we had a meteorologist on site to plot the wind speeds at various altitudes for inbound aircraft. He sent one up ever hour and had an instrument that he looked through to calibrate the wind speed based on a scale inside the instrument. At one altitude the wind can be almost calm and at 500 feet higher it can be 200 kts. When it hits a fast current it really zips along and changes speed abruptly even in a different direction many times. Monty :alien:

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter

Bob, I shot news and wedding video for several years, that's a pretty good shot. Without that zoom, that would be another UFO video and a very good UFO vid. I would have to say that's a weather balloon. And that 'flat bottom dome' that we saw could be one of those with the 'dangling thingie' blowing up around the back of it. But the thing was pretty low to catch that much wind.

Trish! You found Walson's videos on youtube! The moon somewhat proves he's not shooting these in his basement, but there are other vids that show more structure in the objects.

When I get time, I'll try to run down his website. I'm off to the farm a few days for some work and R&R, have promised a lot of pics of nature, but I'll see what's in the sky too.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Excavator said:
I'm an avid Space Shuttle and International Space Station watcher, there's a website or two that tells you when and where to look.

Anyone that watches the sky at night has seen satellites pass overhead.

What do you do when you think you are watching a satellite, and it makes a quick u-turn then disappears a short time later?

heavens-above.com will get you to all the shuttle and ISS passes. Lots of comets and "iridium flares" too! TTC

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Don't discard your aluminum foil hats just in case! M :wink: nty

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

I say it's time to put the green 'solved' checkmark next to the post header!

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear group;
Pertaining to extra-terrestrial life forms, Arthur C. Clarke (of 2001-A Space Odyssey fame) summed it up best with a quote along these lines:
"At times I think we may be alone in the Universe and at others I think we may not be. Either scenario boggles the mind"
I do not recall the exact words of the his quote verbatim, however I think this is about the gist of it.
Your friend;
LAMAR

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
naw ex, I wasn't "poking" fun, I was just "having" a little fun. You know how, as soon as someone says "UFO", all the nut cases, believers, non-believers etc., come out of the woodwork? Just thought I'd get a jump on being a nut case. ;D Definitely looks like a weather balloon to me, especially in the video.

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
TerryC, the Heavens-Above site is the one I use. J-Track 3D used to give Shuttle and ISS positions live, but those two were removed from the listings. If you load J-Track 3D and select "all satellites", you'll be amazed at how many there are circling the Earth.

packerbacker, No offense taken at all, I was just 'corn-fused' as usual. ;D

Finding the same balloon at Coast to Coast is a little unusual, and great confirmation.

Back from the farm and a few nights of sky watching, nothing unusual to report. Will look for Walson's website as soon as I can get caught up here at home.

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Was out in the driveway around midnight last night, some guests were leaving and I was showing them the area of sky where we see things. I was pointing around the sky, then spotted one moving, got kinda excited, and made sure everyone saw it.

I used the Heavens-Above website and figured out it was a Cosmos rocket body, launched in Dec. 1994 (there are at least four Cosmos rocket bodies floating around). So... I saw an IFO, I saw an IFO! :D

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too many questions need to be asked before this is solved. Or a few X-Files need to be watched.

Alchemy

Nov 30, 2006
Beautiful Burnett county, WI
Detector(s) used
Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For anyone who doesn't believe in alien space crafts (UFO) or thinks we're alone, you really need to check this out

The universe is said to hold approximately 10^26 stars or 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars, give or take a few million here and there. And that's just what we can see. Our telescopes can't yet see beyond a certain point in space. Yet we sometimes feel like the biggest, most important thing in the universe don't we?

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/2706/spaceb.jpg

From the link, if you get the small pics to the left, just click on them and it will in large them. Get ready to be blown away!
Have a good think on whether or not we are the "most important" or that we must be the only ones!

CanadianTrout

May 21, 2007
Canada
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Alchemy said:
For anyone who doesn't believe in alien space crafts (UFO) or thinks we're alone, you really need to check this out

The universe is said to hold approximately 10^26 stars or 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars, give or take a few million here and there. And that's just what we can see. Our telescopes can't yet see beyond a certain point in space. Yet we sometimes feel like the biggest, most important thing in the universe don't we?

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/2706/spaceb.jpg

From the link, if you get the small pics to the left, just click on them and it will in large them. Get ready to be blown away!
Have a good think on whether or not we are the "most important" or that we must be the only ones!

I am.... well, blown away! That link is awesome and I will be sharing it. Thanks.

Another tidbit in line with info would be the Drake Equation. Thinking your way through all these variables to arrive at N also blows my mind. Hope you find it intersting.

N = N* fp ne fl fi fc fL
The equation can really be looked at as a number of questions:

N* represents the number of stars in the Milky Way Galaxy
Question: How many stars are in the Milky Way Galaxy?
Answer: Current estimates are 100 billion.

fp is the fraction of stars that have planets around them
Question: What percentage of stars have planetary systems?
Answer: Current estimates range from 20% to 50%.

ne is the number of planets per star that are capable of sustaining life
Question: For each star that does have a planetary system, how many planets are capable of sustaining life?
Answer: Current estimates range from 1 to 5.

fl is the fraction of planets in ne where life evolves
Question: On what percentage of the planets that are capable of sustaining life does life actually evolve?
Answer: Current estimates range from 100% (where life can evolve it will) down to close to 0%.

fi is the fraction of fl where intelligent life evolves
Question: On the planets where life does evolve, what percentage evolves intelligent life?
Answer: Estimates range from 100% (intelligence is such a survival advantage that it will certainly evolve) down to near 0%.

fc is the fraction of fi that communicate
Question: What percentage of intelligent races have the means and the desire to communicate?
Answer: 10% to 20%

fL is fraction of the planet's life during which the communicating civilizations live
Question: For each civilization that does communicate, for what fraction of the planet's life does the civilization survive?
Answer: This is the toughest of the questions. If we take Earth as an example, the expected lifetime of our Sun and the Earth is roughly 10 billion years. So far we've been communicating with radio waves for less than 100 years. How long will our civilization survive? Will we destroy ourselves in a few years like some predict or will we overcome our problems and survive for millennia? If we were destroyed tomorrow the answer to this question would be 1/100,000,000th. If we survive for 10,000 years the answer will be 1/1,000,000th.

When all of these variables are multiplied together when come up with:

N, the number of communicating civilizations in the galaxy.

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear Canadian Trout;
The Drake Equation is a good formula when viewed from a strictly linear standpoint, however if one were to include the 3 dimensional space/time factor, then our chances of somehow actually discovering extra-terrestial life, or of having extra-terrestial life discover us, become virtually nil. Please note that I state this purely from the stance of where humans are currently at in regards to the technology arena.
Your friend;
LAMAR

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Have been checking the MUFON website and I see that three retired Navy vets in Virginia saw the same type of movement by something appearing to be a satellite, and in the same time frame as the one I posted here.

Also saw confirmation of other objects.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Canada Trout, your formula only refers to the Milky Way galaxy. Now they estimate there may be millions of galaxies. That makes the possibility of terrestrial life almost a sure thing. Monty

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

~trish~ said:
Excavator, i guess we're both gonna be forum nuts, cuz i believe theres life out there too.
We're here, why cant there be something else up there somewhere? Seems funny to me, out of all the planets floating around in outer space, that Earth is the only one with life on it.

Whos to say theres not another Planet Earth, or something just like Earth so far into the Universe that it hasnt been found yet....

I've always wondered, how far does the Universe go, does it ever end? If it does, whats at the end of it?

You are 100 percent right............Gotta be more life in the Universe than just us.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread