What's new

ugly dream rolls??? can there be such a thing?

theeteetotaler

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2008
Messages
78
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Scored 35 from a bank 5 mins before closing tonight. two of the rolls looked like this. one roll was 19 40%, the other 18 40%. 2009 is starting nicely, yay rusty silver!
 

Attachments

  • DSC00112.webp
    DSC00112.webp
    37.4 KB · Views: 329
Upvote 0
looks like someone dug them up out of the yard after they had been buried for a while and took them in to the bank
 
Looks great to me!!!! :icon_pirat:
 
Wow, rusted up coins. I wouldn't usually recommend cleaning but I might have to give these a dip... :D congrats and perhaps you've stumbled on another award for 2009 - ugliest dream rolls.

Maine_Jim
 
im thinking someone had a flood in there basement and came accross those a while later
Nice score
 
How about tumbling them? Would be interesting to see the results.
 
I would just leave them as is. I think they look awesome like that!!!! :thumbsup:
 
A safe way to clean some of that off is boiling them in some peroxide. If you scrub that may affect condition so be careful. If you don't care hell you could just polish them. Peroxide is the safe bet.

-Golden Silver
 
golden silver said:
A safe way to clean some of that off is boiling them in some peroxide. If you scrub that may affect condition so be careful. If you don't care hell you could just polish them. Peroxide is the safe bet.

-Golden Silver

Realistically speaking, they will not be worth more than melt, so condition does not mean much. I had gotten quite a few like that out of a box one time, except worse condition. I tumbled them, and they came out without a black mark on them.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom