What's new

"Ugly Point Place"

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well as you see this one was worth crawling on all 4s under trees and limbs. Its the closest to crystal I have ever found. Hard to believe it came from this stretch of area I have permission to look on. This place is 30 miles from my home 1 way and in the mountainous area. Not much flint out here I have found 1 flint point last year but everything is usually quartz or sediment rock. I did find a Celt here last year so they were here and I did find a pottery sherd today but left it for the owners. It was a cord marked so Woodland time frame. I would guess all of these are the same time frame. Plenty of crude finds usually the kind that makes you look at it and think is it something or natural. I kept all of the ones I know for sure are artifacts even though all the other finds are crude it was their way of life and they had no choice, rock.
N GA. Point, Chopper, Backed Knife, and probably a core.
 

Attachments

  • SDC12525.webp
    SDC12525.webp
    300.1 KB · Views: 163
  • SDC12527.webp
    SDC12527.webp
    328.2 KB · Views: 115
  • SDC12531.webp
    SDC12531.webp
    306.7 KB · Views: 113
  • SDC12533.webp
    SDC12533.webp
    310.6 KB · Views: 106
Upvote 0
2016 finds N GA

These next ones are last years finds. Takes a lot of looking to find them in this area.
 

Attachments

  • SDC11496.webp
    SDC11496.webp
    377.6 KB · Views: 95
  • SDC11473.webp
    SDC11473.webp
    371 KB · Views: 102
  • SDC11474.webp
    SDC11474.webp
    361.8 KB · Views: 89
Its 500 acres in the mountains
 
That's all killer stuff.
 
Its not all ugly as you can see. These are the best pieces.
 
Love those crystal points! What an area you have to hunt! Good luck!
 
I'm sure you missed a few. Maybe get a crew up there to help out.......:tongue3: Nice points.
 
I'm sure you missed a few. Maybe get a crew up there to help out.......:tongue3: Nice points.

Its possible very possible. Some of the points are made from sediment rock types and they are very hard to tell if they are points/ knifes or what. I had some last year but gave them away to a friend that wasnt finding much.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom