Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image-3927373353.jpg
Ugly..

image-2665097182.jpg
But....

image-269147534.jpg
I'm not complaining. Beautiful morning on the beach.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the beautiful photos, Trent.

There might be treasure under that "mush":dontknow:

Lorraine

I noticed a second round of weed coming onto the beach here yesterday as well. The good news....this incoming sand will slow down and things will eventually start to firm up "a little". It can put just so much sand on the beach before those bars get big enough and wide enough that they start providing a little resistance.

Check that grass ... I've found chains entwined in grass on a number of occasions.

Check that grass ... I've found chains entwined in grass on a number of occasions.

You hit it right on the head. I also found thin engagement rings with diamonds in the seaweed on shore.
That decaying seaweed will certainly clear most sinus conditions!

Trent67:
I would find your pictures inspiring, if it were not for the titles.
Fortunately, other T Net members saw the opportunities in this.

I would rather see the beach in it's natural state, that is the way that I enjoy.
Never liked being around beaches when they are packed like a sardine can with beach goers.
and having to clean up the trash, they have left behind.

Just remember, the difference between a flower and a weed is the value placed upon it!

Whenever I see that much seaweed washed up on the beach I think it looks ugly. Nothing to do with hunting conditions. Just my personal opinion. Hey I grew up down here on the beach. I prefer an empty beach as well. Just think that a ton of seaweed is ugly. You know what else I think is ugly? All of the trash that these pea brains leave on our beaches. Nothing irritates me more than seeing cigarette butts, cans, and other crap that people decide to just toss in the sand and water. Talk about ignorant. Okay....I feel much better now, lol. Anyway, it was just a title I used! I love seaweed and nature and all that crap!! Jeez!!!😬

Last edited:
We found sunglass and $26 in cash in a pile of weeds like that. Smells a little bad in the heat too.

I too grew up near where much seaweed was washed up, most likely on the same beaches.
It does have a stench and it does draw flies, but makes good fertilizer - gathered sparingly.
It is part of nature, There is nothing like diving under a kelp bed which is like a forest.
There are few places where you can experience that rapture.
I miss that along with all the abalone , mostly greens in the South, big reds up North.
Could easily gather the smaller blacks under the rocks at low tide, seldomed bothered.
Pluse could catch more fish than the family could eat plus gunny sacks of squid with jig lines off the pier.

Only there were no hobby metal detectors then. Hunted and shearched professionally for more than
six years without finding any of the targets we were on the lookout for.

Not trying to censor or dump on you Trent, just providing a mirror in the hope that you be a little more sensitive.
I think people were more ignorant back then; never even thought about the damage that was being done or could be done to the environment.
Send me a PM if you get to Hawaii, and we can hunt together.
Till then HH with the AT PRO and keep the pictures flowing.

Oh bye the way, I was a party animal then!
No longer - found out the hard way that Youth and Good Health are wasted on the Young.

Whenever I see that much seaweed washed up on the beach I think it looks ugly. Nothing to do with hunting conditions. Just my personal opinion. Hey I grew up down here on the beach. I prefer an empty beach as well. Just think that a ton of seaweed is ugly. You know what else I think is ugly? All of the trash that these pea brains leave on our beaches. Nothing irritates me more than seeing cigarette butts, cans, and other crap that people decide to just toss in the sand and water. Talk about ignorant. Okay....I feel much better now, lol. Anyway, it was just a title I used! I love seaweed and nature and all that crap!! Jeez!!!��

Last edited:
I too grew up near where much seaweed was washed up, most likely on the same beaches. It does have a stench and it does draw flies, but makes good fertilizer - gathered sparingly. It is part of nature, There is nothing like diving under a kelp bed which is like a forest. There are few places where you can experience that rapture. I miss that along with all the abalone , mostly greens in the South, big reds up North. Could easily gather the smaller blacks under the rocks at low tide, seldomed bothered. Pluse could catch more fish than the family could eat plus gunny sacks of squid with jig lines off the pier. Only there were no hobby metal detectors then. Hunted and shearched professionally for more than six years without finding any of the targets we were on the lookout for. Not trying to censor or dump on you Trent, just providing a mirror in the hope that you be a little more sensitive. I think people were more ignorant back then; never even thought about the damage that was being done or could be done to the environment. Send me a PM if you get to Hawaii, and we can hunt together. Till then HH with the AT PRO and keep the pictures flowing. Oh bye the way, I was a party animal then! No longer - found out the hard way that Youth and Good Health are wasted on the Young.

Hey no offense taken Sir Gala Clad. I don't want to be misunderstood. I probably shouldn't have used "Ugly" as the title and then shown a beach photo. I realize that the seaweed is a part of nature and serves its purpose in the ecosystem. I just dont like to see a bunch of it washed up on the beach. Especially when I take my son to build moats and sand castles, lol! Anyway, I will choose the titles for my threads more carefully next time as I can definitely see how it can be misinterpreted. Oh, I'm going to take you up on that invitation too if I ever make it to Hawaii!! Have a great day.

Trent

last weekend there were areas that it was 50 to 60 ft wide and atleast 2 1/2 ft deep and about a gazillion people, but it seems they are getting better with the trash! Plus the county has been putting out large tip off dumpsters and the tourists were using them. It seems its been coming in earlier the last couple of years,

Mahalo (Thank You)

Look forward to hunting with you some day, even though it looks better to me hunting on the other side of the Pacific - where you are. Spent 30 years trying to get to Hawaii, 15 years wondering why, and most recent 5 years trying to escape from the police state we have become.

Really enjoy your pictures - as they bring up fond memories of kinder gentler days.
Along with the historical narrative from SoCalBeachScanner - can't ask for more.

Hey no offense taken Sir Gala Clad. I don't want to be misunderstood. I probably shouldn't have used "Ugly" as the title and then shown a beach photo. I realize that the seaweed is a part of nature and serves its purpose in the ecosystem. I just dont like to see a bunch of it washed up on the beach. Especially when I take my son to build moats and sand castles, lol! Anyway, I will choose the titles for my threads more carefully next time as I can definitely see how it can be misinterpreted. Oh, I'm going to take you up on that invitation too if I ever make it to Hawaii!! Have a great day.

Trent

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back