What's new

UH-oh, troubles are a-comin............................

obediah

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2009
Messages
1,776
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
The wife went to 2 diff Banks to dump, each time they refused them (they were bagged), she went to a third very small bank where she knows the head teller who is an ol-friend from sKools days, she said bring them Monday and they'd take them as the carrier comes on Monday but they have sent a memo to ALL their Banks saying they have in last few weeks seen dramatic increase in HALVES and it is causing them time problems processing so many every week; she called someone up the food chain who confirmed alot of people are now searching Halves. This Bank will be charging to dump now!
 
Upvote 0
yep. the banks are getting tired of us. my main dump bank makes me purchase the bags now (65.00 a case) and then charges me 3.00 each everytime i bring one in.
 
The banks have been tired of us for a few years now. I'm suprised that they have put up with it this long. Heck, I used to come in with $500 in halves once a week, and I could sense the irritation as soon as I walked thru the door.
 
I don't know which states do what, but, the casinos usually don't have a problem with taking in hundreds in change. (loose, they just dump them in the counter, and give you your money in dollars).

Like I said, not sure how many states have that option.

B
 
the governor here in alabama is fighting the Casio's tooth and nail. do a google search if you want to know all about that. i wish i did have another option other than coinstar with their hefty fees
 
silvercop said:
yep. the banks are getting tired of us. my main dump bank makes me purchase the bags now (65.00 a case) and then charges me 3.00 each every time i bring one in.

So far have not had to pay on either end but most certainly can see the end of that coming; maybe we will just cut back- some, hunt out more- new dump Bank(s) to hit very infrequently; as long as don't have to pay FOR boxes figure can dump one place or another for free will still do it. So far this year only March was an ok month, finds are way down for most part- hoping things pick up, figure they will by Sept, last summer is still thee worst for us, but when figure the volume of boxes the was not 1/4 what doing now guess the averages are even lower.

Only bright spot this year so far was a Bank that sold me their Coin Machine Bag- got 278 out of it, back in Jan.
 
silvercop said:
the governor here in alabama is fighting the Casio's tooth and nail. do a google search if you want to know all about that. i wish i did have another option other than coinstar with their hefty fees
Hope your keeping track of your expenses- sounds like your costs (overhead) are in the term significant, you'll have to judge whether it is worth doing any longer at some point. My biggest expense was Road Trips but after 5 weeks of nothing or next to it have quit that angle- only hitting of Banks do is when am traveling anyway- just leave early enough to spend day doing it enroute. Figure in last year have spent maybe $200 in Gas exclusively on RD Tripin- did quite well for number months last year, but Jan 10 on it has dried up to almost nuthin.
 
the expenses are getting tougher. i have found another dump bank and i have been breaking them in easy. they have limited vault space but have accepted 8K a week for me for the past 2 weeks. they have not charged me as of yet. i spoke with the branch manager and got her blessings first. guess i'll see how long it will last. as far as the bags go i have found an online store with a little better rate and when this case is used up i am going to try a case from them and see if they are the same as the bags i am getting now.
 
I sent you a PM silvercop, on how to avoid fees.

If you do it right, you will never have to pay a fee to turn your coins in again, plus they wont be able to refuse you....

Win win.
 
silvercop said:
yep. the banks are getting tired of us. my main dump bank makes me purchase the bags now (65.00 a case) and then charges me 3.00 each everytime i bring one in.

I would quit if I had those fees, would say more then half of my pick ups I would have lost money... crazy
 
placerman said:
I sent you a PM silvercop, on how to avoid fees.

If you do it right, you will never have to pay a fee to turn your coins in again, plus they wont be able to refuse you....

Win win.

Hey Placerman,
Send me that info too. Never know when it will come in handy
Thanks
Rich
 
Hey placerman...

If you would be so kind, please PM me the info you allude to. As of yet I don't pay fees to order or dump, but one never knows when one may be confronted with the dreaded "F" word...

I find new knowledge and skills priceless, and try to learn something new everyday. Yesterday I learned to smoke mullet ~ today I'll research carpenter bees as they are attacking the eaves of my house and boring holes for their nests.

Thanks a million...

Robin
 
placerman said:
I sent you a PM silvercop, on how to avoid fees.

If you do it right, you will never have to pay a fee to turn your coins in again, plus they wont be able to refuse you....

Win win.


With all due respect Placerman, I don't think what you are saying is possible. You may have a theory, but real life practice is different. Sort of like the people who don't pay taxes because they claim they don't have to, then they wind up going to prison for not paying the taxes.

Some here have posted that banks have to give some type of notice before they can change their rules or fees. That may be true, and if it is, I am sure they will give said notice right away. There is no way a
customer can legally force their will on a bank over time when the bank wants to set a new rule or
regulation (ex. "I demand you take my dumps and not charge me a fee, and I can dump as many as I want and you have to take them"). Simply not gonna happen.

A private company can make its rules (as long as they don't discriminate based on race, religion, etc). If they want to charge a fee they will. If they want to designate how dumps are brought in (rolled, in bags, in their coin machine, etc) they can do that too.

If Silvercop utilizes your theory and winds up not having to pay any fees and the bank does not refuse his dumps, I am sure he will report that here.

Jim
 
jim4silver said:
placerman said:
I sent you a PM silvercop, on how to avoid fees.

If you do it right, you will never have to pay a fee to turn your coins in again, plus they wont be able to refuse you....

Win win.


With all due respect Placerman, I don't think what you are saying is possible. You may have a theory, but real life practice is different. Sort of like the people who don't pay taxes because they claim they don't have to, then they wind up going to prison for not paying the taxes.

Some here have posted that banks have to give some type of notice before they can change their rules or fees. That may be true, and if it is, I am sure they will give said notice right away. There is no way a
customer can legally force their will on a bank over time when the bank wants to set a new rule or
regulation (ex. "I demand you take my dumps and not charge me a fee, and I can dump as many as I want and you have to take them"). Simply not gonna happen.

A private company can make its rules (as long as they don't discriminate based on race, religion, etc). If they want to charge a fee they will. If they want to designate how dumps are brought in (rolled, in bags, in their coin machine, etc) they can do that too.

If Silvercop utilizes your theory and winds up not having to pay any fees and the bank does not refuse his dumps, I am sure he will report that here.

Jim

So what is this theory?
 
jim4silver said:
placerman said:
I sent you a PM silvercop, on how to avoid fees.

If you do it right, you will never have to pay a fee to turn your coins in again, plus they wont be able to refuse you....

Win win.


With all due respect Placerman, I don't think what you are saying is possible. You may have a theory, but real life practice is different. Sort of like the people who don't pay taxes because they claim they don't have to, then they wind up going to prison for not paying the taxes.


Jim
Uh, Constitutionally we do NOT have to pay Income taxes- but of course the Constitution is meaningless today, we are in FACT run by powerful Banksters who run (own) both Party's & essentially our Government
But I did know a man who did NOT pay them taxes & got away with it when they persecuted him, INfernal Revenue Service took him to trial and he presented his case to the Jury as did the IRS and Jury found him NOT guilty and due to Constitutional prohibition of double jeapordy he is free of Federal income tax so long as he remains self employed.

Yes many are in Jail now cause the jury did not know the role of a jury & the Constitutional facts, but there are those who have been found NOT guilty too. We are in process right now of being consumed by our own ignorance- inability to defend ourselves with the Constitution, by a madd bunch of Global Socialists who hold seats of power today.
 
So what is this theory?


It is not a theory.

It is fact and listed plain as day in most bank paperwork.

If you don't believe me, or want to try to belittle what Ive said just ask Rich or silvercop if what I said works.
 
jim4silver said:
placerman said:
I sent you a PM silvercop, on how to avoid fees.

If you do it right, you will never have to pay a fee to turn your coins in again, plus they wont be able to refuse you....

Win win.


With all due respect Placerman, I don't think what you are saying is possible. You may have a theory, but real life practice is different.

If Silvercop utilizes your theory and winds up not having to pay any fees and the bank does not refuse his dumps, I am sure he will report that here.

Jim


When silvercop starts doing what I told him to do, I will be expecting you to eat a lot of crow....

This is no theory. Its plainly stated on most if not all bank websites if you know what to look for.
 
I imagine Rich and silvercop are getting a lot of PMs right about now....lmao.

And no this is not a late April fools joke...
 
placerman said:
I imagine Rich and silvercop are getting a lot of PMs right about now....lmao.

And no this is not a late April fools joke...

Guess again as I'm not even considering emailing them, besides Rich is a Federal Agent :laughing7: , you know what they say, anything you say will be used againt ya! :o
 
obediah said:
placerman said:
I imagine Rich and silvercop are getting a lot of PMs right about now....lmao.

And no this is not a late April fools joke...

Guess again as I'm not even considering emailing them, besides Rich is a Federal Agent :laughing7: , you know what they say, anything you say will be used againt ya! :o



Well I emailed you friend to tell you about this.

Nothing whatsoever illegal about this, its just not advertised.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom