What's new

UH-oh, troubles are a-comin............................

obediah

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2009
Messages
1,776
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Clarksville TN.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Pro
The wife went to 2 diff Banks to dump, each time they refused them (they were bagged), she went to a third very small bank where she knows the head teller who is an ol-friend from sKools days, she said bring them Monday and they'd take them as the carrier comes on Monday but they have sent a memo to ALL their Banks saying they have in last few weeks seen dramatic increase in HALVES and it is causing them time problems processing so many every week; she called someone up the food chain who confirmed alot of people are now searching Halves. This Bank will be charging to dump now!
 
Upvote 0
placerman said:
obediah said:
placerman said:
I imagine Rich and silvercop are getting a lot of PMs right about now....lmao.

And no this is not a late April fools joke...

Guess again as I'm not even considering emailing them, besides Rich is a Federal Agent :laughing7: , you know what they say, anything you say will be used againt ya! :o



Well I emailed you friend to tell you about this.

Nothing whatsoever illegal about this, its just not advertised.
Just horsin around, but may be right about Rich, who knows for sure. Interesting angle- but potential drawback as told ya.
 
placerman said:
jim4silver said:
placerman said:
I sent you a PM silvercop, on how to avoid fees.

If you do it right, you will never have to pay a fee to turn your coins in again, plus they wont be able to refuse you....

Win win.


With all due respect Placerman, I don't think what you are saying is possible. You may have a theory, but real life practice is different.

If Silvercop utilizes your theory and winds up not having to pay any fees and the bank does not refuse his dumps, I am sure he will report that here.

Jim


When silvercop starts doing what I told him to do, I will be expecting you to eat a lot of crow....

This is no theory. Its plainly stated on most if not all bank websites if you know what to look for.

Placerman,

I don't know what your idea about all this is (I won't call it a theory if you insist) and I personally don't need to know since my banks don't charge me fees for dumping. But I do know that if the bank gets tired of dealing with Silvercop they can simply close his accounts and give him his money back. Nobody can force a bank to do business with them. Do you disagree with this?


Jim
 
I don't know what your idea about all this is (I won't call it a theory if you insist) and I personally don't need to know since my banks don't charge me fees for dumping. But I do know that if the bank gets tired of dealing with Silvercop they can simply close his accounts and give him his money back. Nobody can force a bank to do business with them. Do you disagree with this?


The subject of my post was how to avoid fees for dumping and not have to worry about your bank not taking your dumps.

Yes a bank can close your account but in all honesty, they aren't in the business of closing accounts, and if Silvercop does what I talked about, they would be even less inclined to close his account, even if he did nothing but take his dumps there.

Yes you cannot force the bank to do business with you, but by the same token, they are in the business of doing business so it would not be in their best interests to close accounts like you allude to.
 
obediah said:
placerman said:
obediah said:
placerman said:
I imagine Rich and silvercop are getting a lot of PMs right about now....lmao.

And no this is not a late April fools joke...

Guess again as I'm not even considering emailing them, besides Rich is a Federal Agent :laughing7: , you know what they say, anything you say will be used againt ya! :o



Well I emailed you friend to tell you about this.

Nothing whatsoever illegal about this, its just not advertised.
Just horsin around, but may be right about Rich, who knows for sure. Interesting angle- but potential drawback as told ya.

I'm not a Fed. Although when I was young an naive I took a test to become an ATF Agent. It was the hardest test I've ever taken and I thought for sure that I failed miserably. I get a letter with my score, and to my utter amazement I aced the test and got an additional 10 points for being a vet.I'm not smart, but I'm good at taking tests. So they put me on a list and I'm all excited. Three weeks later,just after I turned 35,I got another letter saying I was no longer eliglble for the position because I am too old.
Anyway that's the closest I ever came to being a Fed.
HH
Rich
 
I rotate my dumps between several banks, so that any given month they only see me come in once.
 
Yeah... sounds like things might get a tad more difficult for us soon.

I live in a smallish town in the midwest, so I might be a little behind the curve.

But.... one has to realize that some in our hobby/quest are pushing the limits for the rest of us.

I do around 1K a week.... a lot for a few people, but very small beans for most of you. I could increase, but I have noticed a little resistance from my pick ups and dumps. Especially the dumps.... so I backed off to keep the peace and settle into an amount that keeps me happy as well as both pickup/drop off banks happy. I have done very well in the last 2 months since starting this, so I would like to keep going.

If just one person, in one city is going through 3k plus a week, then that adds to the problem. Justify how you want, but 3k to 15k a week on a regular basis starts to use up some serious FTE's to some one's expenses. This kind of volume might even be considered greedy/pushing the limit in many books... including mine.

I was a little taken back by a poster on this forum that stated he walks into his dump bank and unloads a massive amount to the teller from a hand cart, then sits back and watches tv/movies until the tellers finish HIS work for free... every week. With business/corporate budgets the way they are now... exactly how long does one expect to get this all for free???

Yes, most of us could turnover several 10K a week... but a person has to keep it in check.

Maybe the free ride is coming to an end, but who really is to blame?? Probably not the bank.

Granted.... I know I live in a smallish town, but with 1K in play each week, I have netted the following in two months:

90% = 188
40% = 563

Flame as you will... but a duck is a duck.

With the fiscal year ending recently and 2010/11 budgets falling into place, it doesn't surprise me one bit to see this start happening now.

Good luck everyone on your next $500 box/bag. Hopefully it's a dream score!!!
 
rjw4law said:
I rotate my dumps between several banks, so that any given month they only see me come in once.
That my friends is the key to the dump process; be a Gypsy!
 
lookin4coins said:
Yeah... sounds like things might get a tad more difficult for us soon.

I live in a smallish town in the midwest, so I might be a little behind the curve.

But.... one has to realize that some in our hobby/quest are pushing the limits for the rest of us.

I do around 1K a week.... a lot for a few people, but very small beans for most of you. I could increase, but I have noticed a little resistance from my pick ups and dumps. Especially the dumps.... so I backed off to keep the peace and settle into an amount that keeps me happy as well as both pickup/drop off banks happy. I have done very well in the last 2 months since starting this, so I would like to keep going.

If just one person, in one city is going through 3k plus a week, then that adds to the problem. Justify how you want, but 3k to 15k a week on a regular basis starts to use up some serious FTE's to some one's expenses. This kind of volume might even be considered greedy/pushing the limit in many books... including mine.

I was a little taken back by a poster on this forum that stated he walks into his dump bank and unloads a massive amount to the teller from a hand cart, then sits back and watches tv/movies until the tellers finish HIS work for free... every week. With business/corporate budgets the way they are now... exactly how long does one expect to get this all for free???

Yes, most of us could turnover several 10K a week... but a person has to keep it in check.

Maybe the free ride is coming to an end, but who really is to blame?? Probably not the bank.

Granted.... I know I live in a smallish town, but with 1K in play each week, I have netted the following in two months:

90% = 188
40% = 563

Flame as you will... but a duck is a duck.

With the fiscal year ending recently and 2010/11 budgets falling into place, it doesn't surprise me one bit to see this start happening now.

Good luck everyone on your next $500 box/bag. Hopefully it's a dream score!!!

With numbers like you are getting I'd happily settle for one or two boxes a week. Light to carry,easy to dump.
I'm impressed ! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
HH
Rich
 
Electronova said:
$3 per dump doesn't really seem that bad, the hobby essentially pays for itself.
Really? What if you go 30 boxes and no silver? Just remember, too many folks have come into this thinking they are going to get rich. Throw in cost of fuel going to pick up and dumping and it can add up very quickly.
HH
Enamel7
 
enamel7 said:
Electronova said:
$3 per dump doesn't really seem that bad, the hobby essentially pays for itself.
Really? What if you go 30 boxes and no silver? Just remember, too many folks have come into this thinking they are going to get rich. Throw in cost of fuel going to pick up and dumping and it can add up very quickly.
HH
Enamel7
No I assure you you will NOT get rich, but if you are un or underemployed and happen to have the cash to search Boxes do it enough & long enough you will make a little; know one person who has been doing it over year & they told me it has ranged from under $200 in a couple of months to over 2K in one Big month. Know personally there are alot of poor months we are over due for a good one, I hope!
 
enamel7 said:
Electronova said:
$3 per dump doesn't really seem that bad, the hobby essentially pays for itself.
Really? What if you go 30 boxes and no silver? Just remember, too many folks have come into this thinking they are going to get rich. Throw in cost of fuel going to pick up and dumping and it can add up very quickly.
HH
Enamel7
E, you are right. I have never really profited in over two years time. It's cheaper for some to just buy the silver outright. I only do it for the fun. ffd
 
lookin4coins said:
Yeah... sounds like things might get a tad more difficult for us soon.

I live in a smallish town in the midwest, so I might be a little behind the curve.

But.... one has to realize that some in our hobby/quest are pushing the limits for the rest of us.

I do around 1K a week.... a lot for a few people, but very small beans for most of you. I could increase, but I have noticed a little resistance from my pick ups and dumps. Especially the dumps.... so I backed off to keep the peace and settle into an amount that keeps me happy as well as both pickup/drop off banks happy. I have done very well in the last 2 months since starting this, so I would like to keep going.

If just one person, in one city is going through 3k plus a week, then that adds to the problem. Justify how you want, but 3k to 15k a week on a regular basis starts to use up some serious FTE's to some one's expenses. This kind of volume might even be considered greedy/pushing the limit in many books... including mine.

I was a little taken back by a poster on this forum that stated he walks into his dump bank and unloads a massive amount to the teller from a hand cart, then sits back and watches tv/movies until the tellers finish HIS work for free... every week. With business/corporate budgets the way they are now... exactly how long does one expect to get this all for free???

Yes, most of us could turnover several 10K a week... but a person has to keep it in check.

Maybe the free ride is coming to an end, but who really is to blame?? Probably not the bank.

Granted.... I know I live in a smallish town, but with 1K in play each week, I have netted the following in two months:

90% = 188
40% = 563

Flame as you will... but a duck is a duck.

With the fiscal year ending recently and 2010/11 budgets falling into place, it doesn't surprise me one bit to see this start happening now.

Good luck everyone on your next $500 box/bag. Hopefully it's a dream score!!!

I agree with a lot of this. Its just common sense. If I owned any type of business and the same customer(s) came in week after week after week and these customers cost me money every week, then its only a matter of time before I tell them that I no longer need their "business".
 
Fistfulladirt said:
enamel7 said:
Electronova said:
$3 per dump doesn't really seem that bad, the hobby essentially pays for itself.
Really? What if you go 30 boxes and no silver? Just remember, too many folks have come into this thinking they are going to get rich. Throw in cost of fuel going to pick up and dumping and it can add up very quickly.
HH
Enamel7
E, you are right. I have never really profited in over two years time. It's cheaper for some to just buy the silver outright. I only do it for the fun. ffd
Me also. If I didn't I would have quit a long time ago. Course I'm a collector also. Sell the 40%ers and keep the older 90s since I'm not working again. Had gotten some competition last couple of months. They weren't finding anything so they quit. I told the vault teller this would happen. Now I'm getting their boxes and doing well. She orders all I want. i just need to have enough cash to keep buying the boxes each week. At the bottom of my post I list my totals. Number on left is monthly total. Still refusing to post searched totals due to some anal retentive folks. Have also noticed someone has been missing past few weeks. Hope he stays gone. The rest of you guys I consider friends. Been in this for the long haul. Don't get me wrong, nothing bad about new folks. Just some of them like to be overly noticed, if you know what I mean. I'm still more than willing to help answer questions having acquired a lot of knowledge over the time I've been searching. If you don't want to post something just PM me. Should things stay the way they have past couple of weeks I'll post more often. Just don't want people saying I think I'm special because of some of my big finds. ::) I'll shut up now. Thanks for listening.
HH
enamel7
 
I rotated some dumps about a month ago. Went to a diferent branch. then went back to my normal branch the next week. they asked where i was the week before. I told them I took it easy on them and took my dump to another branch. they were VERY adamant that they do NOT care if I bring in ALL my dumps to THEIR branch, and they WANT me to feel comfortable bringing ALL my stuff to THEM.

And they have been that way since the beginning, over 3 years ago.

they WANT me to bring my dumps to THEM, not because they get anything from it, but because they want to show me that their service is wonderful.

True story.

No fees, no hassle, no need to worry about them. ALthough my silver numbers SUCK, my dump bank is A++++. :-)
 
I'm convinced it really comes down to the management of the branch, they're in control, they can do anything they want regarding your account, I've had one account closed on me (No reason given) and been told in one branch, in polite terms (it was a lie) that I wouldn't be able to dump there anymore unless I had a business account, although I dump at other locations with the same bank, I even mentioned this to a very nice individual at another location, same bank, about having to have a business account to dump, she told me she'd never heard of that.. :dontknow:, she told me, "Bring them all here, we don't care", very nice :hello2:, so it's all about the branch management, I even called the bank call center enquiring about "how much is a branch mananger able to do? can they close my account for no reason at all? and never give me an explanation?" answer: Yep
 
Ju8vP3t said:
I'm convinced it really comes down to the management of the branch, they're in control, they can do anything they want regarding your account "how much is a branch mananger able to do? can they close my account for no reason at all? and never give me an explanation?" answer: Yep

I agree.

PS You should post more often so we can see your avatar photo more. Is that your wife/girlfriend? She is smokin'!

Jim
 
enamel7 said:
Fistfulladirt said:
enamel7 said:
Electronova said:
$3 per dump doesn't really seem that bad, the hobby essentially pays for itself.
Really? What if you go 30 boxes and no silver? Just remember, too many folks have come into this thinking they are going to get rich. Throw in cost of fuel going to pick up and dumping and it can add up very quickly.
HH
Enamel7
E, you are right. I have never really profited in over two years time. It's cheaper for some to just buy the silver outright. I only do it for the fun. ffd
Me also. If I didn't I would have quit a long time ago. Course I'm a collector also. Sell the 40%ers and keep the older 90s since I'm not working again. Had gotten some competition last couple of months. They weren't finding anything so they quit. I told the vault teller this would happen. Now I'm getting their boxes and doing well. She orders all I want. i just need to have enough cash to keep buying the boxes each week. At the bottom of my post I list my totals. Number on left is monthly total. Still refusing to post searched totals due to some anal retentive folks. Have also noticed someone has been missing past few weeks. Hope he stays gone. The rest of you guys I consider friends. Been in this for the long haul. Don't get me wrong, nothing bad about new folks. Just some of them like to be overly noticed, if you know what I mean. I'm still more than willing to help answer questions having acquired a lot of knowledge over the time I've been searching. If you don't want to post something just PM me. Should things stay the way they have past couple of weeks I'll post more often. Just don't want people saying I think I'm special because of some of my big finds. ::) I'll shut up now. Thanks for listening.
HH
enamel7

I agree with you E.....some folks like to push their post count up by just giving you one of the thumbs ups. All the "hardcore" CRH'ers know that there is no get rich scheme to it, the more volume you move, the more likely you are to hit a big score. With the cost of fuel and potential fees at the banks, nobody can get rich off CRH alone. Yes, some can, and do very well, but for the most of us it is a hobby. I have been lucky enough thus far to avoid fees in all directions, but I imagine it is only a matter of time. One of the Wells Fargo's here in town has waived the $7.50 per box fees for me (I have an account, but only $100 in it), but they made it clear that they were doing me a favor. My main banks haven't started implementing fees for boxes (yet). I make sure to bring donuts or chocolates into my dump and supply banks every so often....even if its to keep a good rapport with them.
 
hate to say this but.......I would get tired of 10/20/30 boxes coming in all the time to. :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: You guys asked for it.
 
Glad to see I wasn't he only one noticing the thumbs up keverett. Also noticed one of them that was professing being a Christian and ridiculing others has changed his forum name to a rather raunchy one. ::) things that make you go hmmmm.
HH
Enamel7
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom