What's new

uhhh ohhhh. . .

1996

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2008
Messages
275
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
HamburgAR
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Old Folks Knowledge
Made the 15 mile trip to a bank in the next town that has a coin machine. Lugged in a back pack full of pennies and there was a coin on top of the machine. I pocketed it because it looked funny and just pulled it out and looked at it. Mexico $1. It's gold colored with a silver ring around it and is about the size of a nickel.
ok, i have a question, where is the reject tray? I JUST realised I didn't even look for a reject tray. I know it didn't accept all of the pennies on the first go through. I ended up with $108.00 and some change. Do the machines with bags just take everything? I hate to make my mom take me another 30 mile round trip in the morning.
So, what are your thoughts? Reject trays on baggers?

I'm kicking myself to, because I even looked under the machine for dropped coins but never thought about MY pennies.
 
Upvote 0
Just so you know there is always reject trays. I would call the bank to see if anything was left in there.

Jason
 
The coin counter I use has a pocket on the front of the machine, rejects kick out there. If i'm dumping dimes, it kicks out all the (tons) of canadians and a few clad dimes. The machine prompts me several times to "check the reject tray". In one years time and all the dumping, I have never found anyone else's coin in the tray.
Now, inside the machine there is another reject "cup", only the tellers have access to with a key to open the machine. I've never asked to check that cup, just felt like I was "scrounging". Maybe next time i will ask to check it!
 
I know of one lady in the bank that had to of known and just watched me walk out of there. She was paying real close attention to me because the machine spit out a receipt and I go to pick up the 20 or so pennies that haven't made their trip through "the machine" yet and she says "you don't want to run them through". So yeah, i'll call in the a.m.
 
This is the normal color of Mexican pesos in circulation today.

I have several on my work desk just waiting for me to go to MX.
Don't have collectors value
 
I wouldn't bother calling about the rejects. If it was just pennies you were dumping then likely at most there was no more than a small handful in the reject tray. It at most cost you about one dollar. I would chalk that up as a crh lesson. I think you would be better off using that time searching more rolls of coins! :thumbsup:

Maine_Jim
 
AMC rulz said:
The coin counter I use has a pocket on the front of the machine, rejects kick out there. If i'm dumping dimes, it kicks out all the (tons) of canadians and a few clad dimes. The machine prompts me several times to "check the reject tray". In one years time and all the dumping, I have never found anyone else's coin in the tray.
Now, inside the machine there is another reject "cup", only the tellers have access to with a key to open the machine. I've never asked to check that cup, just felt like I was "scrounging". Maybe next time i will ask to check it!

There are many different machine types each with different types of reject slots (or possibly lack thereof).

I only ask to check the inside reject slot if they come to change the bin and they don't appear to be busy or the teller seems like they would be nice enough to let me...usually I just end up with a few bent coins and some 1 Euro Cent sized foreign stuff (nothing grand in there as of yet)
 
maine_Jim said:
I wouldn't bother calling about the rejects. If it was just pennies you were dumping then likely at most there was no more than a small handful in the reject tray. It at most cost you about one dollar. I would chalk that up as a crh lesson. I think you would be better off using that time searching more rolls of coins! :thumbsup:

Maine_Jim

Yeah, I didn't even call. I figred there coldn't have benn that mch in there. Can't crh for now though. My mom's bank won't let me have any boxes until the end of the week. Teller( :icon_queen:) was being rude. Was all like, we're not giving you any boxes because YOU don't have an account here. :icon_scratch: I tried to open an account but they wouldnt let me. My parent's have an account there. I tried to cash a check there a while back, and the little mexican girl at the counter was all we can't cash this for you because you don't have an account here. I'm with my dad so I say, he's got an account here. she asks for his ID and he chews her out. "i just deposited over a thousand dollars at this bank this morning, and you need to see my ID?"
The tellers at that place piss me off, but the only boxes I've ever gotten came from there, so what can I say? The boxes didn't rock or anything but I would hate it if acting like an a$$ h**e had a negative effect on my boxes.

so what do YOU think about that?

-1996
 
you guys must be crazy not to be checking the reject bin. I work in a grocery store that has a coin star machine. I check it every time I walk by. In the last year of working at this store I have found (just in the reject bin) 10 to 15 silver dimes. coin star machines will not process silver dimes. and most people leave them not knowing what they are or think that they are fake. this does not include the 1889 morgan dollar that jammed the machine or the 21 silver halves a customer wanted to cash in because the coin star machine would not take them either. coin star machines are a gold mine keep your eyes open. the reject bin is in the front on the bottom. also don't forget to check the canadian coins pre 69 are silver also some only being 50%
 
The coin counter at my bank does not have an exterior reject tray, just one on the inside that customers cannot get to.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom