What's new

ultra sound vs rock tumbler which wins

metal mania

Hero Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2009
Messages
576
Reaction score
50
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ultra sound vs rock tumbler which wins in terms results and or noise levels
 
metal mania said:
ultra sound vs rock tumbler which wins in terms results and or noise levels
Tumblers I use all the time, not sure if I would need an ultrasonic. They both serve two different cleaning purposes....although the tumbler can be really noisy. I only use the tumbler for crude relics, clad, and crusty wheat cents.
 
I concur
I have used both.
For cleaning old coins (Not rare ones) = Tumbler
For cleaning Jewellery with precious/semi precious stones = Ultrasonic cleaner
Rings etc without stones, I use Silvo / Brasso or similar then buff them up.
 
Tumbler with a RUBBER drum..NOT plastic! Will drive you nuts lol.
 
Wildcat said:
I concur
I have used both.
For cleaning old coins (Not rare ones) = Tumbler
For cleaning Jewellery with precious/semi precious stones = Ultrasonic cleaner
Rings etc without stones, I use Silvo / Brasso or similar then buff them up.

Most of the clad now just go into the Coinstar machines for coupons off at http://Amazon.com?tag=treasurenet01-20
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom