What's new

Ultra tiny statue of liberty?

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2008
Messages
4,949
Reaction score
2,326
Golden Thread
0
Location
NorthWest Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found this in the field, one room school house site.........any idea what it is besides an Ultra tiny statue of liberty? :tongue3:
 

Attachments

  • S6302326.webp
    S6302326.webp
    34.1 KB · Views: 293
  • S6302336.webp
    S6302336.webp
    54.5 KB · Views: 281
Looks like a candidate for an old lapel pin... Any pics of the back?

Grip
 
Upvote 0
here is the back
 

Attachments

  • S6302337.webp
    S6302337.webp
    48.4 KB · Views: 298
Upvote 0
The spot in the middle makes me think that it was a pin of some sort... Now to determine WHEN it was issued...

I'm not the best researcher on here, BUT since I'm home alone tonight, Google I shall go! ???

Grip
 
Upvote 0
well this one was found on the same site that produced two indians 1892 and 1900
the school is on the 1886 platt map and a farmer told me it was tore down in 1930's when he was a boy. I am amazed what the ole timers can remember!
 
Upvote 0
Goes4ever said:
well this one was found on the same site that produced two indians 1892 and 1900
the school is on the 1886 platt map and a farmer told me it was tore down in 1930's when he was a boy. I am amazed what the ole timers can remember!

I resent that remark :D

Tony
 
Upvote 0
Didn't the school kids all give a penny to help get the statue? Tony
 
Upvote 0
Tony in SC said:
Didn't the school kids all give a penny to help get the statue? Tony
never heard that one?
 
Upvote 0
It looks like an old War Bond pin........still looking.
 
Upvote 0
Not much information on the ebay listing, but at least we now know what it looked like. Nice find. Monty
 
Upvote 0
very cool, wish they had more info there!
 
Upvote 0
Great ID and cool find :thumbsup: :icon_sunny:

Goes4ever said:
Tony in SC said:
Didn't the school kids all give a penny to help get the statue? Tony
never heard that one?

What was the school kid penny story?

I thought New York & Paris each gifted based Worlds fair hosting. Eiffel tower and Statue of Liberty?
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom