What's new

Ultrasonic cleaners

Johnnysan

Full Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2009
Messages
182
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 5-ID / Garrett Ace 250
I know this subject has probably has been covered, but I can't find any postings. Does anyone use ultrasonic cleaners for coins they dig up? Will they do a thorough job, or just take off a little dirt?
 
I tried it and had very little luck cleaning dug coins. It didn't do much for me. Still haven't found the magic cleaner for coins.
 
These cleaners do a good job on cleaning jewelry, but not coins.
 
I use it on both the clad and the jewelry and the goodies. The clad comes out ok except for the zincolns. Those damn things are frigging hopeless....anything that needs special attention gets a little toothbrushing after the ultrasonic and it usually comes out clean enough for me.
 
They work great on common silver coins and jewelry. Clad goes into the rock tumbler with a little aquarium gravel, water and dawn dish soap for 12 hours.

Common date coppers just get warm water and a Q-tip. Hands cramp up after cleaning 3 or 4, but does a really good job.

Good date coppers just get a little warm water no real cleaning, just get the dirt off.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom