Unbelievable found mason jar full of......

justanotherpulltab

Apr 30, 2011
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer II
Found mason jar today and it was full of coins and a note from the person that buried it from 2007! All memorial cents. Watch the video..I read what the note says.
20190222_133637.jpg
20190222_141953.jpg
20190222_142214.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 24
That is way cool! Thanks for sharing the experience!

Beats digging them 1 at a time.....one has to wonder why someone would bury them?

That's cool, nice dig. I would have had to open it on site out of curiosity. Nice video & HH

Pretty cool I found a container in the woods one time it was full also plastic white and looked old .I sat down had a smoke and savored the moment cracker her open pennies also memorials I had visions of silver and gold.Still a good find I have never seen a post yet of someone finding a mason jar full of silver in the U>S anyway... Well done What did the note say??????

That had to be an exciting dig , def better than 1 at a time 'As was stated'.

Very cool cache find! :occasion14:

Pretty cool I found a container in the woods one time it was full also plastic white and looked old .I sat down had a smoke and savored the moment cracker her open pennies also memorials I had visions of silver and gold.Still a good find I have never seen a post yet of someone finding a mason jar full of silver in the U>S anyway... Well done What did the note say??????

Yeah it was cool...in the video read what it says.

Very nice. That had to be exciting. I have dug 2 different tin containers (at separate times) out in the woods (forest preserves) and was very excited until I opened them to find pet ashes after their owners had them cremated. A lot of people who live in apartments would walk their pets around the grounds, and I guess thats where they wanted the final resting place to be. Both had a picture of the dog and the dogs name tag in with the ashes. I reburied them, and was on my way. Maybe next time it will be a tin of coins !

That is a neat find:icon_thumleft:

Very nice. That had to be exciting. I have dug 2 different tin containers (at separate times) out in the woods (forest preserves) and was very excited until I opened them to find pet ashes after their owners had them cremated. A lot of people who live in apartments would walk their pets around the grounds, and I guess thats where they wanted the final resting place to be. Both had a picture of the dog and the dogs name tag in with the ashes. I reburied them, and was on my way. Maybe next time it will be a tin of coins !

Lol yes i wouldn't want to find that...luckily I didn't

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back