What's new

Unbelievable thing happened to me today concerning marked coins.

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2007
Messages
1,224
Reaction score
30
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
Every single half dollar of the 10 boxes I searched today had been marked with invisible ink. It is tough to recognize at first but I am sure I didn't miss any. Have any of you experienced similar results ? I sure hope my luck changes and I don't get all marked coins next week.

HH, Jim
 
Upvote 0
Once again, it's Homeland Security at work! The ink rubs off when you handle the coin, marking your hands and clothing for easy identification with infrared light. This is one of the methods THEY use to identify the nefarious hoarders of precious metals.......
 
I also hear they are releasing microchipped walking liberties in order to track us down. From now on, you should toss any back just in case.
 
Mentone Grizz said:
Once again, it's Homeland Security at work! The ink rubs off when you handle the coin, marking your hands and clothing for easy identification with infrared light. This is one of the methods THEY use to identify the nefarious hoarders of precious metals.......

OooooKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK. :laughing7:

I see you made it back under an assumed name...... :laughing9:
 
Am I supposed to be going CSI on these boxes with Black Light and special glasses?
 
I may have run across this invisible ink but I couldn't see it
HH
Rich
 
I see you made it back under an assumed name...... :laughing9:
[/quote]

LMAO!
 
I had a box of $500 in halves...all were marked with a black magic marker...just a dot in the middle...they managed to miss three 40%ers but I haven't been back to that bank since.
 
Mentone Grizz said:
Once again, it's Homeland Security at work! The ink rubs off when you handle the coin, marking your hands and clothing for easy identification with infrared light. This is one of the methods THEY use to identify the nefarious hoarders of precious metals.......

I don't get it, what do they care if we hoard silver? We spend our time, our money, our hard work to earn our silver. Makes no sense to me :dontknow: I'm not disagreeing with the possibility of it happening.
 
I really think that Home Land Security has more to worry about that CRHers and coin collectors. I think you are all imagining things.
rileyboy
 
all of my boxes lately have been the exact same way! wow! what r the chances!
keep it up and hh!
 
Ironically I got a box last week and every single Half had a black dash at the top of JFK's head. I've seen lots of the lately but the entire box is just ridiculous. This guy is really starting to annoy me. What a waste of time.

Mojo
 
coinmojo said:
Ironically I got a box last week and every single Half had a black dash at the top of JFK's head. I've seen lots of the lately but the entire box is just ridiculous. This guy is really starting to annoy me. What a waste of time.

Mojo

I figure for every box/coin you mark I'm searching 2 or 3 times more in that time, mark away. I think it's a big waist of time, I'm not interested knowing whether I searched them already or not. I'll know it when I find silver..... I have wondered while searching pennies if one of these are the ones I swallowed when I was a kid.....man I should have marked that coin ;D
 
Mojo, I see those from time to time too. They're probobly all over our state.
 
I hate to even mention that the original post was a joke. I didn't expect people to branch off into conspiracy theories. I am afraid my attempt at humor was lost on some. For the record IOAFJ !!!!!!!!!!! Jim
 
coolpix9 said:
I hate to even mention that the original post was a joke. I didn't expect people to branch off into conspiracy theories. I am afraid my attempt at humor was lost on some. For the record IOAFJ !!!!!!!!!!! Jim

Haha, everything is a conspiracy. Dont you know. Hell everyone here are not CRH'ers, they are IRS agents! :munky2:
 
nice to know my coins are ending up in Michigan MOJO. I have been doing more lately.

~phrostie
 
Those are from you phrostie?? I see a lot of them. You gave Ken a black crew cut.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom