Infector101

Mar 20, 2012
Lake Wallenpaupack, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Everyone,

So I just opened my box of nickels from the bank and it looks as though 80-90% of the box is uncirculated. I'm hoping to get some opinions on what I should do with the uncirculated rolls. Since I can't guarentee that the rolls are 100% uncirculated due to the fact that I can only see the enders would it be safe to sell them on eBay (if that's even a reasonable option). Should I just open the circulated ones and return the uncirculated ones or should I just open them all in hopes that I just got uncirculated enders? Thanks for your help. HH

-Infector101

Picture 004.jpg

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i would dump them since you cannot guarantee 100% that all coins are 2012 rolls(if you see older enders mixed in with the box, chances are, the "2012" rolls might not be solid.)

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've gotten a few boxes recently that looked like ALL new dimes, and of course, there were older ones salted around in there. The initial push was months ago, I don't trust these new boxes. I sold my brand new rolls at the LCS, but I wouldn't try and pass the newer rolls off as BU because of the exceptions I've found.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread